Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Opinions on Bumgenius Elementals

I loved them. I had the old Organics and had 12 that were my daycare diapers for 2 years. After 2yrs, the ones I had bought used had holes but the ones I had bought new didn't.
I have a top loader and wash with tide and bleach. They did take a while to dry but I would just do a regular diaper dryer run and then I would just add the left over damp ones to any other dryer loads I was doing.

isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #12
Registered Users
I love Elementals! They are the main part of my stash. I probably have about 20. I have purchased only a couple of them new, and the rest have been used. Some do have holes, but not to be unusable.
I love the fit on my 17mo DS who has always been thin. The Elementals aren't as big and bulky as other types of diapers.
The BGEs are absorbant, but not enough for night or long naps. For naps I often tuck a Flip Trainer insert under the flaps of the BGE. At night, we do use Simplex OS (also stuffed with a Flip trainer insert). The microfleece of the Simplex smells a bit stinky in the morning, but I suppose most overnight diapers do. I prefer the natural cotton of the BGEs.
I was a pocket girl before I tried BGEs, and wondered what all the fuss was about these expensive diapers. So, eventually I tried one and fell in love. (No more pockets to stuff - yeah!!) As for dry time, I either dry them overnight on a rack and fluff in dryer in the morning or I run them through the dryer twice on low heat.
Oh, I also tried Grovia AIOs, and although the fit was good on my skinny guy, they often leaked by the side snaps. They didn't seem as absorbant as BGEs.
Make Mine Home
indigo152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #13
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
Love ours. We have 20 of them. Use them almost exclusively and have for years. Only the ones we've been using for 2 years have started to get holes but that's just the nature of organic cotton and these are washed on heavy duty in a top loader.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Hilary, head over heels wifey of a Coastie
Mama of Aubrey & Delaney
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Opinions on Bumgenius Elementals

thanks for all the info ladies...i think i have come to the conclusion i am just not an aio type of gal (for now at least) but all the info was very helpful
Married to the love of my life and lucky momma to our 5 kids! Pregnant with #6!
mommadeeof4+ is online now   Reply With Quote