Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #11
growingmichaels
Registered Users

Re: New to Nashville, TN

I'm not sure what part of Nashville you're in, but I use a great pediatrician in Goodlettsville at Goodlettsville Pediatrics (It's about 20 minutes north of downtown Nashville). Her name is Heather Johnson. She is down to earth, she listens to mama, and is able to relate as a mama as well. We love her.

Advertisement

growingmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
JannieAnnie
Registered Users

Thanks everyone! I've kind of been afk during the holidays - sorry. To answer some questions: I live just South of Franklin so I would most likely look for doctors, etc. in Franklin or Spring Hill. Thankfully, my family is all in good health at present, so there is no pressing need to find a doctor. But I'd at least like to nail down a Pediatrician by July (when I'm due).
I am also on Facebook and will look up NBN. I already follow ICAN of Nashville. I've been in touch with two midwives - Bobbi Stidham and Sheryl Shafer. Both seem nice so far. I'm going to start interviewing after the first week of January.

My closest family is my SIL at 382 miles away and then my parents at 617 miles away. We've met some neighbors here but still haven't joined any social/church groups or made casual friends yet. :/

Cheers! JA
JannieAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

Glad you are settling in! We are actually going to be moving to Nashville at the end of January (I'm joining the Vanderbilt midwives so it's good to hear mamas here have had good experiences with them!). I've been stalking this thread for suggestions as well
A very good CNM friend just had a beautiful homebirth with Sheryl. I hope your interviews go well and you find someone you feel comfortable with!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #14
ktarsha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannieAnnie View Post
Hi! My family just moved to the Nashville area a couple weeks ago. I have no friends or relatives in the area and I need help finding care providers. I'm a somewhat crunchy mama and I need to find:
family physician
pediatrician
OB-GYN
Homebirth Midwives
Chiropractor

Any referrals would be greatly appreciated! Send here or privately.
Thanks!

JA
Welcome to the area!

I can't help with midwives (although I've heard very good things about Vanderbilt Nurse Midwives) or chiro, but for OB-GYN, I go to Franklin Women's Center, next door to Williamson Medical just off Hwy 96 - I've been with them for nearly 10 years, and they delivered both my boys; for primary care, we go to Cool Springs Internal Medicine & Pediatrics in Cool Springs.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #15
mamasab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I know I'm late to this, but I wanted to chime in!
We see Dr. Terri White with Tennessee Pediatrics. She is phenomenal, I actually drive 30 minutes to see her (she should be near you, the office is just south of Franklin).
I used Tender Beginnings for my home birth, with Mary Anne Richardson and Lindsey Carr-Ruck attending. They are based in Franklin and I can't say enough good things about them.

And welcome to Nashville! I've been a part of LLL and the Nashville babywearers group, and they are wonderful, great ways to meet other moms. I'm also a part of an ICAN group. Lots of great things about Nashville
mamasab is offline   Reply With Quote