Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #51
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
Done. Thank GOODNESS. I could almost not close the doors anymore because it was getting too bad.

Vacuum or clean a room in your house. I was supposed to vacuum the boys room yesterday - doing it now.
Vacuumed the living room.

Do something with the never ending laundry.

Advertisement

hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #52
fii
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Take out the trash somewhere. Kitchen, bathroom, etc. I'm taking it out of my bathroom.
Did the bathroom too.

Quote:
Clean out a shelf in your fridge. Go through it for things that have spoiled or are past their prime. Wipe down the shelf and the walls.
Done. I had a 1/2 a melon that I was sad to see go. Should have eaten it last weekend :/

Quote:
Pick a toilet, and swish it quickly. I'm going to dump some bleach in mine to make sure it's clean. I hate toilets... lol
Done!

Quote:
Vacuum or clean a room in your house. I was supposed to vacuum the boys room yesterday - doing it now
Skipping this one and straightening the living room instead

Quote:
Do something with the never ending laundry.
Folded and put away what was in the dryer.

Do something with the dishes, and while youre in the kitchen empty the crumbs out of the toaster and wipe it down.
fii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #53
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Cleaned up hubby's area. Looks a lot nicer in that corner now.

Pick a spot in your livingroom, or main area of your house to clean up. I am going to clean off/dust the fireplace above the mantle area.
Done. It looks SO much nicer now!

Do something with the laundry. I don't even know what I am going to do, lol. Wash, dry, put away, gather, something, lol.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #54
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Cleaned the vanity/sink. It wasn't too terribly bad, but glad I got it done anyway.

Pick a spot in your bedroom and straighten/dust/clean it. I am going to do the top of the white filing cabinet that we have all of the bills/important paperwork in. There's some movies/decor on it that need to be dusted and arranged neatly.
Done. Weee. Looks a lot nicer now.

Go clean out your fridge. I am going to deep clean mine because it needs it. However, you can also just throw a few things away, re-arrange it to be more neat, etc.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #55
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
Fridge done!

Vacuum a room. I'm going to do our bedroom.
I vacuumed my bedroom the best I could anyway. It's needed it for a long time, I just haven't done it.

Do something with a shelf, any shelf. I am cleaning off the shelves in the livingroom a bit. They have dust on them, and also need to be arranged a bit more neatly.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #56
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fii View Post
Next task: Garbages- whichever ones need changing, and to be taken outside. I know for sure my bathroom garbage, kitchen, and laundry room are all overflowing :S
I took out the garbage in the bathrooms, and laundry room, and put it all in the kitchen trash, hubby can take it out when he gets here, lol.

Pick a spot in your bedroom that just needs a quick adjustment/cleaning/straightening. I am going to clean off the movie shelf in our room. It needs to be dusted, and arranged a bit more neatly.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #57
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Swept and mopped the hallway. (It's not a room, but it was in bad shape)

Shine a mirror. I'm going to do the bathroom mirror and the bedroom one.
Done. Cleaned both of the mirrors in the bathrooms.

Go clean out a cabinet somewhere. I am cleaning out the one in our bathroom, because it needs it!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #58
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I did my husband's night stand. There was papers and reciepts on there that needed to be put in the 'file away' pile and then dusted the lamp and alarm clock.

Now for a mini-break. Do something that you can do while sitting down. I'm going to make my meal plan for the week and a grocery list.
I am going to make dinner, but it only involves boiling some noodles, so it won't take long. I will sit at the diningroom table and chug two huge glasses of water while it's cooking. I haven't had NEAR enough water today.

Clean a floor somewhere in your house. I am opting to do the guest bathroom floor. Just did it a couple days ago, but bathroom floors can never be too clean, lol.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #59
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
Took it out from everywhere, trash gets collected tomorrow!

Clean out a shelf in your fridge. Go through it for things that have spoiled or are past their prime. Wipe down the shelf and the walls.
Cleaned one shelf. I am definitely going to have to do the entire thing later. It's getting gross in there!

Pick a room in your house and spot clean the walls. I am doing my boys' room. They touch EVERY SQUARE INCH and I'm tired of looking at the spots, lol.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #60
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Done. I hope I remember to put them in the dryer, lol.

Pick a toilet, and swish it quickly. I'm going to dump some bleach in mine to make sure it's clean. I hate toilets... lol
Cleaned my toilet with bleach. I hate them!! lol Toilets are so disgusting to me, no matter how clean they appear. Ugh.

Do something with your laundry. This is going to be a big one for me today, because I have about 8-10 loads to do... the kids need clothes for school this week.