Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just got a cb in a trade and it has buttons not sliders? I am confused?

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Charlie Banana update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saharan View Post
I just got a cb in a trade and it has buttons not sliders? I am confused?
thats the old style, and the better one IMO.

i just looked at their FB page and i'm pretty disappointed that they continualy respond to this problem by saying it's the first they've heard of it. i was on the FB page for 5 minutes and i saw at least 10 people saying they had the same problem, so obviously they know it's going on, what's with all the blatant lying?!?!?
Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 AM   #13
ashleyg103
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99 View Post
thats the old style, and the better one IMO.

i just looked at their FB page and i'm pretty disappointed that they continualy respond to this problem by saying it's the first they've heard of it. i was on the FB page for 5 minutes and i saw at least 10 people saying they had the same problem, so obviously they know it's going on, what's with all the blatant lying?!?!?
yea everyone I know who has these diapers has the same problem and MANY of them contact the company and get the same responce. They did agree to send me the extra little pieces of fabric to stop the slider form going into the leg casing but there are many reviews who say it still doesnt help the metal piece from going into the leg casing. I did find a way to though I think, I sewed the smooth piece of fabric that sits behind the metal adjuster. I just pinched it together and made it shorter so it shouldnt go into the leg casing anymore. But I have 24! So its very annoying to do this with all the diapers. I will DEF not be buying from them again and will make sure not to recommend them as well.
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #14
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

So just trying to understand this. The new style has the metal slider and the old style has the buttons, correct? We were looking into these for the new baby to use at daycare. But if there seems to be a consistent problem with the metal slider I think I will stick with the gdiapers that we are thinking about getting instead. I do not want to make it any harder on the girls at daycare than it has to be. If the slider get lose or moves on them I do not want them to have to fight with it just to diaper my child.
cuddlebunny_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #15
ashleyg103
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlebunny_24 View Post
So just trying to understand this. The new style has the metal slider and the old style has the buttons, correct? We were looking into these for the new baby to use at daycare. But if there seems to be a consistent problem with the metal slider I think I will stick with the gdiapers that we are thinking about getting instead. I do not want to make it any harder on the girls at daycare than it has to be. If the slider get lose or moves on them I do not want them to have to fight with it just to diaper my child.

I would absolutely go with a different kind of diaper. The new style has the bra strap adjuster and it is nothing but problems and the company will not recognize the problem or seems to care either. The metal piece constantly gets pulled into the leg casing causing the legs to leak horribly! Its a huge pain and something that should not be happening. Other one size pocket diapers I have are bg 4.0s and diaper safari both of which I absolutely LOVE, and both places have awesome customer service if you ever need it. I have never tried gdiapers but hear good things about them.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 AM   #16
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlebunny_24
I actually really like the old style and have a few of them, I just buy them used and always ask people what style they are.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #17
ashleyg103
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennayoung99 View Post
I actually really like the old style and have a few of them, I just buy them used and always ask people what style they are.
I wish I would have bought used and got the old style because other than the metal adjusted I do love them
Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't even realize it wasn't supposed to go into the leg casing... lol I've been pulling it down thinking it was meant to since one side would and the other wouldn't making the legs different sizes...
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Jenn135
Registered Users
seller

In case anyone checks this again, persistence pays off. After a few emails explaining why their suggestions didnt fix the fit, I received replacement diapers. Don't give up. The diapers do have a warranty and the company will honor it.....after insisting they do.
Jenn135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #20
februarymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bumping for other mamas - hopefully they can get some results as well, because I think it's ridiculous that this company won't fix issues with their product!

Last edited by februarymom; 03-06-2013 at 07:27 PM.
februarymom is offline   Reply With Quote