Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
ashleyg103
Registered Users

HELP boys fussing at night in cloth!

Right now I am using sbish snapless with one of their doublers and an applecheeks fleecetopped microfiber insert for stay dry under a thirsties cover. They are 7 months old and still nurse 2 to 3 times a night. This diaper holds everything but they fuss all night long until as soon as I take it off and put on a disposable they sleep great the rest of the night. I started with just the sbish and their inserts but fussed so maybe thought stay dry? I had the applecheeks inserts so replaced the larger insert with one of thoes, and thought maybe its more comfortable since the sbish inserts get really stiff, still the same thing. I thought maybe it was the bulk but most of the time they are in a prefold during the day which seems just as bulky and they nap fine. IF I use disposables at night they need to be changed at least 2 times and sometimes still leak by morning. Anyone have any advice? Any other options I could try? Im stuck and would rather not buy more disposables just to use at night once I run out. Thanks!!!

Advertisement

ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP boys fussing at night in cloth!

maybe an insert stay dry sock for the 2 sbish doublers?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

I have one kid that gets rashes every time we switch back to cloth for nights, and one who wakes up asking for a change two or three times, so we've just given up. I decided disposables were best for them in this case. We use Honest Co. or Seventh Generation. I'm not saying you should give up on cloth at night, but that some times it's necessary, and you shouldn't feel guilty if it's what's best for your family.
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

i gave up on the fancy night time diapers. now i just double up the prefold and use a flip cover (which is the same brand i use during the day) the bulk isnt to bad imo

owen seems to go through spurts of always wetting through everything night and day for a few days in a row but i dont feel bad using a sposie when i have to. in some instances iv used a disposable good night, chuck it, or pee pee pad under the sheets just so it wont ruin my bed (we co sleep some times)
Old 01-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #5
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would say just to change them more often if it's making them that uncomfortable.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
MommaZX2
Registered Users

My Mood:

My 15 month old was doing the same thing a few mos ago... I was using fitters with hemp doublets and a stacinator fleece cover. Honestly I switched to fuzzi buns pockets and use 2 microfiber inserts. And a fleece liner (so double fleece). We haven't had issues since... I was in same boat I was using spouses at night since once I put him in those he was fine but then I ran out of those and didnt want to buy more. I am going to make fleece pocket diapers for night time soon... For breath ability.
MommaZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
MommaZX2
Registered Users

My Mood:

SOOO sorry for the smartphone typos!
MommaZX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

One mama wrote that she had leak free nights for the first time in ages by folding two flats using the fold below, it's surprisingly trim and you could add a fleece liner for stay dry.

Trying it could be cheap and easy, a Walmart flour sack kitchen towel has as much cotton as a gmd flat and you can grab a remnant of fleece.