Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII

There are several types of Windpro and of 300 wt Polartec, each has different degrees of stretch, and different finishes to the fabric face and back.
Yes, I know. I have several different types. None are less stretchy and the jersey backed seems the stretchiest.

Advertisement

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #12
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29
Do you have to use two layers if using windpro or polartec fleece? I only have fleece covers made from joann's fleece, and they definitely need both layers! I would love to have some single layer fleece covers made from the Grovia AI2 shell pattern...
I've never found two layers to be needed, but I've never used the lighter weights. Just the 300 and the windpro

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #13
MyNameIsMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Windpro Fleece? (Or fleece for covers)

I would use one layer, 300 is very thick though IMO, I made my first lightweight windpro fleece cover today. I am going to use it tomorrow and will report back.
MyNameIsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
MyNameIsMama
Registered Users
seller

So far I am really loving my lightweight single layer foe bound windpro cover. It is slightly slightly damp after a pee but everything is dry!
MyNameIsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:03 AM   #15
Naza Emily
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
My local fabric store is one of very very very few that carries a few Malden Mills (Polartec, Windpro) fleeces. The Joann antipill/blizzard really needs 2 layers to compare.

You can buy small amounts of Polartec or Windpro from Green Acre Designs.

(and if you don't need them today, I'll be launching a store soon, selling diaper cuts of many fleeces ... I've got the fleece but the website isn't quite ready ...)

So may i know what your store called? Would love to get some windpro diaper cut!
Naza Emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #16
Reel Life
Registered Users
seller

We have Joanne's anti-pill stuff, and it is definitely thin with just one layer. We do still use it during the day when I'm changing her really quickly. Everything else we use is Polartec 200 wt. We just use one layer, and have never had a problem, even at night. It will compression leak--but actually I've only had that problem when she's sitting in her high chair. She doesn't have anything that won't compression leak in that darn high chair though. That thing is hard as a rock I guess. But just sitting down anywhere else, we don't have issues. HTH.

And, MyNameIsMama that store sounds so cool! I'm so glad you're doing that!

Visit SweetIrisDesigns on Etsy or Hyena Cart for deliciously natural skin-care products or to build up your breathable, beat-the-rash stash of Polartec fleece, Nikky and Niji breathable+waterproof covers, and stretchy Snug Bug bamboo viscose flats. Like us on Facebook to help me decide on new products and get first dibs on seconds.
Reel Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:10 AM   #17
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsMama View Post
I just bought a bunch of lightweight and heavy weight windpro and 200 and 300 weight fleece. I am making foe bound covers. I ordered from http://www.seattlefabrics.com/fleece.html you can buy 5/8 of a yard so you can get a few different colors. They called me and told me that they didn't have electric blue, even after I ordered it and it is still listed online. I am thinking that their website does not reflect their current stock. Their shipping was a little slow too but I would still order from them again.
thanks for this. i've contemplated ordering from them, but i'm always nervous about doing business with "new people" lol
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote