Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
Sankoji
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Difficult transaction - can I return to sender?

Thanks, guys. These are all good points. I think more than anything, I'm really frustrated that the seller would take so long to get them out and be so absolutely poor with communication. To be given two dates when it would ship and then to hear nothing is pretty annoying, especially knowing how close they live to us.

Argh....

Advertisement

Sankoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
Sankoji
Registered Users

My Mood:

Rdesonia: how do I contact a mod?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #13
Sankoji
Registered Users

My Mood:

I figured out how to do so!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
First you are assuming that it took 2 weeks to ship. I'm going to play devils advocate. What if she did ship on the 3rd or 4th and they just haven't got to you yet?
She is a new seller so she probably shipped through the post office rather than through paypal. (I'm assuming that is the case if the DC # receipt is in her car) I think she needs to go to out to her car and provide that number to you. However, it is not required that a seller add the dc # to paypal. It's a nice thing so customers can easily track their stuff but as a new seller she might not know how to update that information manually.

If the diapers have indeed been shipped, I'm not sure why you would open a case with paypal? If the items don't arrive or are not as described then you have a paypal case. Lack of communication/poor communication is not grounds for paypal to force the seller to refund you.
But DC is required on DS. If a mama buyer asks for DC the seller needs to give her the number.

OP - I think you have gotten some good advice. I'd leave neutral feedback with an explanation of the poor communication, and length of time.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #15
SillyLily
Registered Users
seller
seller

I, personally, would file a case with paypal immediately. You don't necessarily have to elevate it immediately, but it will hopefully prompt the seller to upload the delivery confirmation number. If she doesn't reply to the case within a few days, then elevate it to a claim. It would greatly worry me that she hasn't been replying to your attempts at contact.
Like to travel? Travel deals referral link.
SillyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
But DC is required on DS. If a mama buyer asks for DC the seller needs to give her the number.

OP - I think you have gotten some good advice. I'd leave neutral feedback with an explanation of the poor communication, and length of time.
Yes, a DC is required but it is not required to be manually entered into paypal. (Because the OP stated that it was not marked as shipped in Paypal and the DC # was not showing up in paypal.) I completely agree, the seller should go give the DC # to the OP.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It may have been mentioned but, keep in mind you only have 45(?) days to file a claim w/ paypal (you still have plenty of time) but wanted to throw that out there. I would send her a PM and ask her for a DC# one more time and tell her if you havent received it by a certain time (specify time zone LOL) that you will be forced to file. I wouldnt be rude but I have done many transactions and would be just as annoyed and she owes you a DC# and the decency to stay in contact w/ you since she does have your $ and I believe you have given her plenty of time. I am betting you will get your stuff but, just keep in mind that she has 0 ratings so be friendly but not too lenient
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #18
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
As long as when they get there it says they were shipped by the 7th or before, you need to leave a positive. You have 5 business days to ship which would have been the 7th. You can not count weekends or holidays. I know she said she was going to send them out Monday, but she did not have to and she kept in contact and let you know that she got delayed.
Has she even been on since you messaged her asking for the dc #?If so, she needs to answer you, but then again she may be feeling hounded if you keep asking her and she has already told you she shipped( not saying this is the case, just playing devil's advocate). She still needs to give you the Dc # if she has been on and read your message.
First class mail can take up to a week to be delivered and can take even longer if the po screws up.
I am a firm believer in leaving negative when it is earned, but at this point she has not earned it.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #19
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wanted to add, that if they do not get there in a reasonable time based on her shipping on the 7th ( imo, that means if you have not received them by the 14th) and STILL have not heard back from her I would file with pay pal.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #20
Sankoji
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just an update on the situation - I spoke with Carolyn (mod) yesterday in detail, including the seller's name. She said that it is correct for me to open a PayPal dispute and also good that I contacted a mod. She will reach out to the seller, and said that if I don't receive the diapers by the middle of next week, I should escalate the status to a full PayPal claim.

I am willing to be patient and wait for packages since I know that we're all busy mamas, but the lack of her updates since January 2nd - when the seller informed that she would pick up the charges to have the diapers rushed to me if shipping would take longer than 2 days - (even though I reached out to her during that time period) makes me wary. If she had just provided an update stating that there was a delay but the diapers were in transit, it would have been cool. Fingers crossed that the diapers either come or she provides a DC showing that they were shipped over a week ago.

Last edited by Sankoji; 01-13-2013 at 05:28 AM.