Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #41
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: January 2013 Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynn1997 View Post
I used to get on the adoption.com forum. They have a foster care section under states. I met a few Forum friends who foster close by and are now IRL friends. Just an idea. There is a lot of activity on the forum which you may like. I kinda check out when there is lots of complaining and venting. Anyway it may be spomewhere to start.
Thanks mama that is a great idea. I have never really gotten into their forum but I will check it out!

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #42
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~ View Post
We got a call for b/g twins! They might be going to a different family closer to them so we are wait & see. The agency said to keep my phone by me this weekend, she anticipates a lot of calls!!!
Good luck mama. I hope if there are children that need homes you get the call
Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #43
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

I feel like I am failing today X-man is so challenging. I just can't seem to keep him under control. He is every where all the time torturing one of the littles by taking toys hitting and pushing. He waits until I am busy with something else and than starts reeking havoc. DH is even more frustrated than I am.......
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #44
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
I feel like I am failing today X-man is so challenging. I just can't seem to keep him under control. He is every where all the time torturing one of the littles by taking toys hitting and pushing. He waits until I am busy with something else and than starts reeking havoc. DH is even more frustrated than I am.......
Hang in there. Just be absolutely clear on the boundaries (we don't grab, push, etc.) and consistent Every Single Time Forever (or at least what feels like forever when you are saying the same thing every single second over and over). You likely have to keep him in your sight ALL the time for awhile until he settles down. Just have him help you with whatever you are doing. And don't plan on getting much of anything done for a few days. You can do this
sunnymommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #45
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

i know you probably don't want to at all, but he might be really craving tons of one on one attention. when my dd is at her most out of control, making me crazy and doing things she knows is wrong at every turn i know its when she needs some mommy time. obviously i don't reward her with attention at the time she is misbehaving but those days i know cleaning or laundry or whatever it is can wait while i give her attention she is craving, otherwiswise she will continue to get into trouble to get that attention. any attention is good when a kiddo is feeling starved of it.

hugs! i think it won't last forever. also about the sleeping together stuff...i realized tonight that my dfs might be WANTING dd to be in the room. i just gave up waiting for him to fall asleep before putting dd in the room and he stopped his singing and shrieking and went right to sleep after she was in there! they are really bonding well i think. well, about half the time they want to steal toys and beat each other up and the other half they are playing catch and rolling a car back and forth and following each other around...so...normalish? lol
Old 01-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #46
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~ View Post
We got a call for b/g twins! They might be going to a different family closer to them so we are wait & see. The agency said to keep my phone by me this weekend, she anticipates a lot of calls!!!
yay! how old are they? keep us updated! if you can do 6 kids plus twins i hope? i can do 2 kids and twins? lol
Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #47
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
yay! how old are they? keep us updated! if you can do 6 kids plus twins i hope? i can do 2 kids and twins? lol
They are 7 months. They ended up going to a home that could take their 14 yr old brother,too. The agency said we would have a placement over the weekend, but we still don't. I gotta say - I was freaking out because we were supposed to only be taking boys, so I would need girl clothes, another baby bed, another stroller,etc,etc. LOL
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #48
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
(((HUGS)))
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #49
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

i am freaking out pretty much. we officially got asked to take the twins when they are born. we need 2 new cribs and a car seat, i really want to get 2 new ones because the one we have doesn't fit well in our van and the passenger seat will have to be pushed way up. well whatever if thats the worst of our worries i will be happy! i am praying like crazy these babies are born healthy. i've been rearranging our schedule a little to condense things so my dh will be available to help drop off dd at her activities and school and things and the SW seems like she will be very accommodating for visits so if they are born healthy and strong we have a chance of making it through without me losing my mind. what a blessing my dfs has turned out to be. he continues to make progress with his weird behaviors, he is talking like CRAZY so learning that he doesnt need to scream all the time. him and my dd are such great pals. we just went out of town to visit with his family for our christmas celebration and they went crazy for J, welcomed him with open arms and omg the presents...we need to downsize the toys considerably lol! i am feeling frazzled but having so much fun with him and really praying for the health of these babies because i don't want to take on more than we can handle. that would be the worse.

eta forgot to mention the housing situation. we were putting our feelers out about potentially renting out our house and renting or buying a bigger house or finishing some rooms and a bathroom into our attic. my dh needs someplace to sleep, its too noisy with 2 kids, a dog, a cat and a clutzy wife lol! but now with the twins due so soon we are looking at moving up the timetable of this decision. met with a realtor last friday and we are still trying to decide what makes the most sense for us balancing out our long and short term needs. yikes!

Last edited by newmommy13; 01-14-2013 at 04:03 PM.
newmommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #50
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quick random update on us. We were terminating birthdads rights this month when birthmom drops the bomb that he's not the birthdad! Gah! She claims 1 night stand now. So much for finalizing this month or next.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote