Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
lissydoll99
Registered
seller

Re: Ergo vs. Boba

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy View Post
I would not recommend the Boba if you are petite. I had one and couldn't get it tight enough for a comfy fit. If you are average or better I think it is great. DH loved it and was sad to see it go.
The Boba has proven to be a better fit for petite women in every person I know that has tried both. Personally, I am 5'2" and 130 # the Ergo has a very large hip strap and it puts A TON of pressure on my hips to the point of me not being able to walk. I work in a CD store where we sell carriers as well, and have many petite women in the store with their Ergos explaining the same hip/ pelvis pain. I own the Boba and Boba air. and love them both!

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #22
Mrs. Shawn
Registered Users
seller

Heavenly Hold does two week trials. I just did a trial of the Classic Ergo and the Boba 3G. We ended up buying the Ergo but only because a friend was selling hers at a great price. The Boba is much taller/deeper making it more supportive for older/bigger babies/toddlers. At only five months old, my daughter couldn't see out of it though. Ergo is a good fit for her for now, but if we're still interested in babywearing as she gets older, we'll probably get a Boba.
Mrs. Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #23
d+a=myloves
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like my ergo for my heavy baby.
d+a=myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
Esmerelda_RB
Registered Users
seller

I was thinking about getting one of these carriers too. What's the "purse strap" on the Boba?

We have a Mei Tai that baby can lean out of, which puts a lot of strain on my back. So it sounds like the tallness of the Boba might be good.
Esmerelda_RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #25
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissydoll99 View Post
The Boba has proven to be a better fit for petite women in every person I know that has tried both. Personally, I am 5'2" and 130 # the Ergo has a very large hip strap and it puts A TON of pressure on my hips to the point of me not being able to walk. I work in a CD store where we sell carriers as well, and have many petite women in the store with their Ergos explaining the same hip/ pelvis pain. I own the Boba and Boba air. and love them both!
I am 5'3" and 110 pounds, I was giving my personal experience. I could never get a comfortable fit. I ended up with a petite kinderpack and that has been my saving grace. I have a very long thin torso and the waist never felt right. IDK if it makes a difference, but I had the Boba 3G. I also read lots of reviews about it being great for petite women, just didn't work for me.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #26
z1ncy
Registered Users

I LOVE the Ergo, and so does DH.
z1ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #27
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Love our Bobas! Have the 3G and air. 3G fits like a dream. I'm 5'3 and 120lbs when not preggo. I am 16w preggo and can still comfortably wear the 3G with my 25lbs DS. DH likes it too, he is 5'8 with a muscular build.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #28
katy_green
Registered Users
seller

We have a Boba 3G and love it. We've been using it for DD since she was a little squish and love the higher back on it. I'd definitely go Boba 3G over Ergo, although they're both nice carriers. We have an Ergo too, but don't use it anymore.
katy_green is offline   Reply With Quote