Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #11
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wouldnt worry yet. I would not take a test. When your hcg gets high enough it can actually make your test line come out lighter than it would be at your levels a week ago. Try to relax and enjoy the non-sickness! I was very sick with my miscarried baby, but didnt have a single instance with this pregnancy until I was 14 weeks!

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dark brown spotting and tinged discharge

My m/c started with a lot of bright red blood... THEN cramping.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy View Post
I wouldn't worry right now, brown is not normally a color to be concerned about. The egg white discharge I personally wouldn't worry about either, I have always had it with all of my pregnancies, including this one.
Yea, that.

Brown = old blood. And I have had 4 pregnancies, all with egg white type discharge throughout them all.

And, not to be an insensitive jerk, but there isn't anything anyone can do to stop a m/c right now anyway. So., if (God forbid) something bad is happening, there isn't much that can be done anyhow.

Try to relax, enjoy your pregnancy. Don't get alarmed unless you see bright red blood, start having lots of menstrual type cramping, or running a fever. Likely, everything is ok.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #14
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambieone View Post
not to get you concerned but my first mc started with brown spotting/discharge. If it doesn't turn red then I wouldn't worry. I hope its nothing and everything goes well!
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I wouldnt worry yet. I would not take a test. When your hcg gets high enough it can actually make your test line come out lighter than it would be at your levels a week ago. Try to relax and enjoy the non-sickness! I was very sick with my miscarried baby, but didnt have a single instance with this pregnancy until I was 14 weeks!
Agreed. I got very dark pregnancy tests until a week and 1/2 after I started having my m/c. So I wouldn't test either because it's not going to tell you anything.

Every pregnancy is different. There is really no way to tell if this is a bad sign unless things progress to bright red blood and cramping even then it could still not be a m/c. Time again will tell if it's just old blood which I agree with the other ladies is very normal to see or experience during pregnancy. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. HH9M.
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Did they do an u/s and find a heartbeat? If not, they probably didn't do anything that would tell them much, honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
No, not until the dating ultrasound in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
Yea, that.

Brown = old blood. And I have had 4 pregnancies, all with egg white type discharge throughout them all.

And, not to be an insensitive jerk, but there isn't anything anyone can do to stop a m/c right now anyway. So., if (God forbid) something bad is happening, there isn't much that can be done anyhow.

Try to relax, enjoy your pregnancy. Don't get alarmed unless you see bright red blood, start having lots of menstrual type cramping, or running a fever. Likely, everything is ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemama View Post
Same here.

Agreed. I got very dark pregnancy tests until a week and 1/2 after I started having my m/c. So I wouldn't test either because it's not going to tell you anything.

Every pregnancy is different. There is really no way to tell if this is a bad sign unless things progress to bright red blood and cramping even then it could still not be a m/c. Time again will tell if it's just old blood which I agree with the other ladies is very normal to see or experience during pregnancy. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. HH9M.
Thank you ladies
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #16
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambieone View Post
not to get you concerned but my first mc started with brown spotting/discharge.
same here. had 2 that started that way.
hope your appt goes well!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think you should worry, there is no way that would help. See your doctor if you are concerned And I hate to say it but reading on here what other people say kind of makes me worry more when I don't need to. A lot of mamas mean well I am sure but say things that make me anxious when there is normally no need. Their experience is not yours, each pregnancy is different!!
Sending prayers!!!
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #18
katymf
Registered Users
seller

If it makes you feel any better I had brown discharge when I was about 7 and 8 weeks pregnant then again at 11 weeks. MW said as long as it doesn't turn red, it's just old blood
Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had nothing until last night, but then a scant amount this morning. My Dr is out of town but I am talking with my doula right now.
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #20
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had some very light brown discharge closer to 12 weeks of this pregnancy, I was worried but it was nothing. They kept telling me it was probably from having intercourse (even though it had been several days since that had happened).

I hope all is well for you!

rest and drink lots of water...