Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #61
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: So tired of the screaming/crying!

Today, they didn't even have a drop of anything unhealthy. Not a single bite. Oatmeal, strawberries, pomegranate, homemade chicken nuggets, carrots, peanut butter wheat toast, string cheese, yogurt, egg/cheese/tortilla breakfast taco, and blueberries. To drink, they had milk, V8, and water. There wasn't a significant difference in their behavior. Of course, these types of food are pretty much normal for a weekend day, when they are here at home all day. The poptarts, yoohoos, etc. are for treats. They don't sit and munch on 12 poptarts for breakfast every day. While I think kids need to eat healthy, I also think foods like that are fine in moderation. We bought a 10 pack of yoohoos a week ago, and there are still 6 in there. The poptarts have 6 out of 8 left. They just don't get things like that often.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #62
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Their behavior got better through the day. I didn't have any problems with my 11 year old this afternoon. DS2 (5) got put in timeout at around 4:30, and not again until about 8. So, the times in which he was being punished got lengthier and lengthier in between. He's picking it up, slowly but surely. This is a learning thing for both of us. It's somewhat new behavior for him. Timeout, sending him to his room, and sentences is what I did today. I would tell him to do something, if he chose not to do it, he got punished. If it was something small, I would ask him to think about what he just did, and if he thought it was a good idea, he'd say no, and I'd tell him to not do it again please. Then it got dropped. I've been more consistent, which I think plays a big role in it. But I also think that he is learning that's not going to get him anywhere. He also got 10 1/2 hours of sleep lastnight, so I think that helped. Looks like bedtime will be at 7pm tomorrow night, in preparation for school Monday.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #63
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
And remember mama, we all have these times. I feel like I have them more than others. My 5 yo is a big challenge for my patience. Hang in there!
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #64
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Today is going MUCH better. It's 9:30, and I haven't had to get onto anyone yet. I think the fact that I showed them yesterday that I am not going to continue to let them get away with things, has really made them calm down a bit. Why act up and stay in timeout all day? Why not just be good, and play? I think they are getting it... we'll see. I'm nervous about tomorrow after school. If he has a good day today, and then comes home after school and starts acting like a terror, I am going to have to dig into that a bit more.