Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #11
AWhite2013
Registered Users

Re: Induction methods need some positive stories

I was induced and all went well, excpet my son's size!! The labor went really quickly, but he was too big to fit and I had to have a c-sec. Overall though the induction was great, I was super happy not to have my water break while i was teaching!!!

Advertisement

AWhite2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was induced at 37 weeks for pre e with dd. they tried the cytotec or whatever for about 18 hours with no results and then placed a foley bulb around 7/8 am and it came out about 4 hrs later when I was dilated to a 4/5. Baby was out and on my chest at 2:17 pm without any further interventions. So I went from 1 cm to baby born in 6-7 hours with just the bulb. If I had to be induced this time, I would try a warm bath with breast pumps in place (my OB does this to induce his patients). If I needed medical intervention, I would do the foley bulb again since it isn't any kind of medication or anything systemic.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Some babies just cook longer... If baby is fine, placenta is fine, etc. Why push the 42 weeks "average"? It's just a number. Some apples drop from the tree later than others. Are you positive of your dates? Do you have long cycles?
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Just to clarify, I don't want to have an induction and I know and have tried all the natural ways to get things going. As I said in my original post, my dr has been very supportive of my choice to continue instead of inducing. I really just wanted positive induction stories (because I already had one that was about as bad as it could be) and people's experiences with pit vs AROM.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #15
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMommy View Post
Just to clarify, I don't want to have an induction and I know and have tried all the natural ways to get things going. As I said in my original post, my dr has been very supportive of my choice to continue instead of inducing. I really just wanted positive induction stories (because I already had one that was about as bad as it could be) and people's experiences with pit vs AROM.
No worries! No one knows your situation better than you and your doc. And it definitely sounds like you know you are doing what is right for your baby. Sounds like you have a very trustworthy doc, too.

I dont have the perfect story, but I would be happy to repeat DS's induction if necessary this go around. I was only 1 cm dilated. So they gave me a low dose of pit all night. At 8am they cranked it up. At 2 pm I had stalled so they broke my water. DS was born at 7pm! The only problems I had were from the epidural - it didnt work so I had the med-free birth I didnt know I wanted!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #16
cinderella08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My VBAC was an induction due to BP issues. I came in at 7am with a "0" Bishop Score - totally closed, thick, and posterior. Pit was started between 8-9am and he was here at 5pm. No meds apart from the pit - it went great!
Expecting Oakley Lennon in March 2015!
cinderella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #17
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was induced with DD, and it was the best birth out of all three of mine. I was just over 40 weeks, and maybe 3 cm(?) and partially effaced. AROM at 8 am. They gave me a tiny dose of pit a couple of hours later to keep things moving. I had an epi when I was about 7 or 8 cm, which only took on one side. She was born at 1:55pm after only a few pushes.

I had a csection with my second after a failed external version, and a vbac with my third after my water broke on its own at 41 weeks. The vbac was pretty intense, but I think that's mostly because he was huge.

Sorry for rambling a bit, but honestly, I feel that my body was ready enough and just needed a little kickstart. I hope that all goes well for you if you decide to induce.

I am a child of God.
Airyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #18
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
We'll see what the dr has to say tomorrow am. Prepared to do what he recommends. I had a freak out earlier tonight but I've backed away from edge so to speak. Getting a bit obsessed with counting kicks.

Does anyone need me to come over, organize a closet, vacuum under the bed, fold laundry, completed a crafting project....it might be 11pm but I'm available!
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #19
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was induced with my last baby. He was 38w4d and I was 3cm. It was super super easy, the longest part was waiting to get my pit ( no joke). I was there at 5am, in room by 6 and then sat around waiting for the OB. Got my pitocin around 10ish and DS2 was born around 12:30-labor was only around 2 1/2 hrs. He was posterior and I had to work him around or else I bet it would have been faster. It was unmedicated and I will say that the contractions were harder but my nurse turned it off when I started getting pushy ( I would rather have had it turned off before that).

I refused- REFUSED- to have them break my water. I had it done with DS1 and that birth wasn't the best. I know that I need that cushion of the bag of waters. That was a very weird thing about my DS2 birth, how crazy they were about breaking my water, like I was abnormal I would just ask them 'If my water is broken what happens?' Their answer' you have to stay in bed' Me: ' well heck no, leave me alone' Being able to move was the best thing for me.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #20
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

Induction 1: Used cytotec to ripen my cervix, 2 doses over 24hours that generated mild ctx. Then I started active labor on my own. After 18hours they gave pit to help me along and I got an epidural. 5 hours later I had a baby. It was long, not what I planned, but one of the most miraculous experiences of my life

Induction 2: Used cytotec to ripen my cervix over 6 hours. Pitocin then started to get me into active labor. Baby was delivered 12 hours later. Shorter than first induction, longer time spent on Pit, another miraculous experience

Induction 3: I was already 80% effaced and 2cm so we went straight to pit. Induction started at 4am and baby delivered at 11am. Fast a furious! It was hard and amazing

I'm hoping to get to do it a 4th time!
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote