Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #11
frugalmomof2
Registered Users

Re: couponing at target gone wrong :(

Ethics says you call the store, regardless that it is his fault.

Advertisement

frugalmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #12
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Lipen View Post
You get a 'bonus' for how fast items go through your till and how many customers you see through while your logged onto the till (ie, if no one is at the till you are logged off so its not 'dead time').
It's supposed to encourage efficiency but it appears in this case someone has found a way to cheat it.
I worked at target in the past and this was never the case. I have never heard of such a thing.

Also, to the OP: I coupon at target often and they are *usually* really good about coupons. Maybe you just got a dud for a cashier! Hopefully next time it goes better for you!
ambieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Off topic but I did not realize they had up and up coupons. I love the Up and Up products. Are those the coupons you get after purchases or can you get them online and in flyers?

As far as ethics. I get that you should call or go back and turn the guy in but for me that would be so time consuming sice my closest target is over an hr away and I would feel bad for someone getting in trouble. I took an ethics class in college and I came out more confused LOL!!! Either way I would feel bad kwim?
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #14
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
Off topic but I did not realize they had up and up coupons. I love the Up and Up products. Are those the coupons you get after purchases or can you get them online and in flyers?

As far as ethics. I get that you should call or go back and turn the guy in but for me that would be so time consuming sice my closest target is over an hr away and I would feel bad for someone getting in trouble. I took an ethics class in college and I came out more confused LOL!!! Either way I would feel bad kwim?
Check out coupons.target.com
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

i worked at target too. this never happened when i worked. ill have to call and let you guys know what happened.

eta: they told me that if i wanted to come back to the store and have the items rerung out properly then i could. they didnt even want the cashier info. wtf is target turning into? i dont care about the faulty product ring up as much as i do about him not doing his job UGH!

Last edited by cassie.sattler; 01-13-2013 at 11:58 AM.
cassie.sattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #16
ambieone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie.sattler View Post
i worked at target too. this never happened when i worked. ill have to call and let you guys know what happened.

eta: they told me that if i wanted to come back to the store and have the items rerung out properly then i could. they didnt even want the cashier info. wtf is target turning into? i dont care about the faulty product ring up as much as i do about him not doing his job UGH!
If you are to go back what will they do about the coupons? Its not like you have them for the person to scan....
ambieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Wow, weird response on their part. Maybe they are thinking if you come back in they can get the cashier info off the receipt, but otherwise they'd just have to take your word for it and maybe there's nothing they can do about the cashier if they don't have proof?
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
Momo3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love Target! You can usually get some great deals with their online coupons and their clearance sales are great too!!
Momo3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
77Lipen
Registered Users

Maybe it's just per store that they do the incentive program
77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

I'd totally shoot an email to Target corporate. Even if the store-level management doesn't care about it, I'm sure someone higher up will care.