Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #61
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If you didn't buy that house I would! And I have no idea where it is. It is absolutely gorgeous. And coming from a woman who bought an old hous all the major renos are done for you guys which makes it ten times better! Congrats! You are going to love it!

Advertisement

menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #62
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I want to buy a new home... totally NOT thrifty.

I have a question. I'm not sure if I just missed it being asked since I was drooling over the clawfoot tub and all...
Do you have equity in your current home? Can you sell your current home for more than you owe? Are you counting that as a down payment when you figure the future mortgage cost?

(Oh and of course... I really don't think you should buy the house. It's a horrible decision. The reason is...I'm your long lost cousin...so yeah....uh.. our Aunt and uncle can sell it to me! I'd gladly make sure it stays in the family!)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #63
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

You have to buy that house. You just have to.

I don't understand the thing where you are 8 years into a 30 year mortgage having bearing on buying a new home. After you sell the house, you finish paying off the mortgage and would have a bunch leftover to put towards the new one, right? People buy and sell houses all the time before they finish paying for them.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #64
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
You have to buy that house. You just have to.

I don't understand the thing where you are 8 years into a 30 year mortgage having bearing on buying a new home. After you sell the house, you finish paying off the mortgage and would have a bunch leftover to put towards the new one, right? People buy and sell houses all the time before they finish paying for them.
I think what she is saying is that currently they will be done paying the mortgage in 22yrs but if they buy the family house they will go back to 30yr amortization in order to afford it. They can't afford to do a 22yr amortization.

At least that's what I understood.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #65
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That house is breathtaking!!! I LOVE it! If I had the opportunity to buy my grandparents home I would totally do it!!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #66
asteiner18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would totally do it.
Angel wife to the love of my life Brandon and mother to Scarlette 5/07 Ruby 1/09 and with #3 due with another sweet daughter in September <3

Angel Murphy Photography
asteiner18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #67
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I think in all seriousness if you let the house get away from you, you'll regret it for a very long time. It's gorgeous, it has sentimental value, it's pretty well up to date. Yes, you'll be locked into payments longer, but some things are worth it at twice the price. What could you buy with those payments that will bring you as much love, happiness and satisfaction as that house?
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #68
crystaldawn_23
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelsmummy View Post
I think what she is saying is that currently they will be done paying the mortgage in 22yrs but if they buy the family house they will go back to 30yr amortization in order to afford it. They can't afford to do a 22yr amortization.

At least that's what I understood.
Exactly
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #69
arihillfarm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I have a question. I'm not sure if I just missed it being asked since I was drooling over the clawfoot tub and all...
Do you have equity in your current home? Can you sell your current home for more than you owe? Are you counting that as a down payment when you figure the future mortgage cost?

(Oh and of course... I really don't think you should buy the house. It's a horrible decision. The reason is...I'm your long lost cousin...so yeah....uh.. our Aunt and uncle can sell it to me! I'd gladly make sure it stays in the family!)
I was thinking the same thing. Has your realtor given you an indication of what you'd walk away with at closing if you sell your current house? Other than that, and the fact that getting four kids in the car during winters in Michigan without an attached garage would be less than fun and convenient, I say go for it! It's a beautiful home that means a lot to you and your family and you're in the wonderful position to sell your current home and not be pushed up against a wall hoping your dream home doesn't sell before your current one does. :-)

-Astrid
WAHM to DD 13, DS 6 and DS 3 and I'm a Magic Maker with Off to Neverland Travel, specializing in Disney! Ask me about how to get the vacation of your dreams (Disney or elsewhere) for the best price and service possible at no extra cost to you. "Like" my agency page on Facebook for the latest travel specials!
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #70
Momo3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG! You have to buy this house! If you don't I want to!! It looks beautiful and sounds like it would not be too much more for you. BUY!! BUY!! BUY!!
Momo3angels is offline   Reply With Quote