Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Infertility - what's next?

Thanks for the replies, ladies. I definitely recognize that in the grand scheme of things it's not a my fault/his fault thing. We just need to know what's going on where so that we know how to proceed. There's an issue DH learned about a while back that he shares with his dad so he wanted to talk to him tonight to see what FIL did. I'm going to discuss with DH once DS is asleep whether he's ok with me calling the OB to determine where he'd like to go from here (which I'm assuming will be an analysis for DH). The only blood work I had done was on CD21 with Clomid to check my progesterone levels (as far as I know, nothing else was checked - or at least wasn't reported to me).

The natural remedies are certainly worth trying .

Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #12
gingersnappy
Registered Users
seller

Your awesome positive attitude will certainly help!! Good luck, and with DH backing you you can do this!
gingersnappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you
Old 12-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #14
RaginCajun
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingersnappy View Post
I went through 5 IVF cycles and I'd have to totally agree with carriek38. When they analyze his sample, they'll be able to check motility, mobility, and morphology (the shape/appearance of the sperm). Oh so much easier to rule out issues there vs the female (more complex). However, please don't already set yourself up for "it's my fault" or "his fault". Infertility is a very difficult road and can put a lot of pressure on the people involved. If I remember correctly checking for anti-sperm antibodies is not a mainstream test but it depends on your RE (reproductive endocrinologist). Have they run a bloodwork (hormone) panel on you? (maybe the next step)?
Gingersanppy is correct, ruling out the male issues is much simpler than the female testing. My DH has done it several times (they should be tested every 4-6 months)
My advice to you in the journey is to go with your gut instinct. I spent a lot of precious time taking meds like clomid when felt I "felt" wasn't going to work. Meds like clomid are kind of archaic and realy don't increase your chances of conceiving considerably. I don't blame my doctor for the prolonged clomid use because we both kept coming back with clean bill of health and "we should just been able to conceive naturally ".
Here's my story....the brief version
After 2.5 years of TTC.......numerous test and medications our final diagnosis is "unexplained". We had 5 IUI attempts before moving on to IVF. We did conceive on our first IVF but we lost our sweet baby girl in September (10weeks). We are now very positive and awaiting a Frozen transfer in mid January. We will have our baby/babies in 2013!
Best of luck to you
Happy New Year
RaginCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #15
catgrl_22
Registered Users

Hello! I am new here. We are TTC for about 4 years. This summer I got diagnosed with stage 2 Endo and luteal phase defect. Been do infert. treatments for a year now. Just did our 1st IUI yesterday. Now dealing with the 2ww.
catgrl_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #16
ProudCoastieWife
Registered Users
Formerly: GrimLife
seller

My Mood:

We're coming up on 24 months in February, and I understand how frustrating it is. We have done all the tests, with a laporoscopy scheduled for February 5th, at the closest RE to us, which is almost 2 hours away. Everything came back normal in our tests, so we're grouped in with the unexplained infertility, which I think is the most frustrating because you just don't know why its not happening. Staying positive though, fingers crossed this is our month, so I don't have to have surgery!
ProudCoastieWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #17
catgrl_22
Registered Users

Best of luck to you! I hope you get PG before you have to have lap. But if not I had lap in August and it wasn't too bad, just a few days of recovery. I was unexplained until the lap where they found endometriosis. It was good to finally have an answer. Best wishes to you!
catgrl_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

So thrilled to report that despite initial hesitation my husband did submit a specimen for analysis yesterday - woohoo! Next step, hopefully some answers. I'm not sure whether I'm automatically going to be scheduled for an HSG or if that will be pending the results of the SA but I am genuinely excited to be moving forward. Not having an explanation has got to be the hardest part - my heart goes out to those of you who have no answers. We'll see what they have to say to us.