Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My baby is always on my left side, I looked lopsided at only 14 weeks. Now its moving around a lot more, but still nestles down into it familiar zone.

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby only on one side?

My youngest was always on my right side - I swear my hips were cocked to one side the whole time! Turns out he was a ton bigger than my other kids when he was born. He was 9lbs6oz, but we had a successful vbac.

I am a child of God.
Airyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #13
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Baby 1 (once in place) by about 30ish weeks stayed in left side whole time. She really loved to stretch out and jam her feet up into my right ribs. That felt great!

Baby 2 was on the right side from about 32 weeks to 39 weeks. I was worried that this position would set me up for back labor. One night baby decided to make a move and flipped to the left side. 41+3 and baby is still on the left.

Fwiw I am really long waisted.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #14
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AniMommy View Post
Baby 1 (once in place) by about 30ish weeks stayed in left side whole time. She really loved to stretch out and jam her feet up into my right ribs. That felt great!
I would expect to feel kicks and stretching on the opposite side of where baby is positioned, but this guy doesn't kick, jab or stretch AT ALL on my right side. He is ONLY on the left side. It is almost like he CAN NOT get to the right side. I can feel him twist and turn, his head grinds into my hip (OUCH). He doesn't even put his feet in my ribs. I have NO IDEA where he is keeping his limbs!! I feel jabs between my pelvic bone and hip, but ONLY on the left side. I also feel stretching going around my waist towards my back, but again only on the left side.

I know PPs have mention placenta placement, which is something that I have considered, but what about a cord issue? Either VERY short or wrapped around his body so much that he simply can't get stretched out? Would an u/s be able to show if there was that sort of problem? I am not a HUGE worrier generally, however, this lack of ANY movement on one whole side just seems odd.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #15
Momma2NCJD
Registered Users

My little man is constantly hanging out on my left side, when it gets too bothersome I just push him over to the right!
Momma2NCJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #16
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

My last 2 have been almost always on the right. My MW said they typically like the right side more.... For some reason that I can't remember.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2NCJD View Post
My little man is constantly hanging out on my left side, when it gets too bothersome I just push him over to the right!
Both DH and I TRY to push him over to the right side, but he just goes deeper in and pushes himself even more to the left. It is soooo very odd. My other babies we could *chase* around my belly even at 31ish weeks, so to have one that doesn't utilize all the belly space is just weird. He moves plenty, just in 1/2 of my belly.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #18
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylkeller
I know PPs have mention placenta placement, which is something that I have considered, but what about a cord issue? Either VERY short or wrapped around his body so much that he simply can't get stretched out? Would an u/s be able to show if there was that sort of problem? I am not a HUGE worrier generally, however, this lack of ANY movement on one whole side just seems odd.
This is something that I think of. Mostly cause DD was always head down, don't move much and her head was near her placenta. Oh and had a cord wrapped around her.

Yes, they can see this on ultrasounds. I have an ultrasound in a couple weeks because they think this baby is cord wrapped around the neck as well. Which is not disturbing overall since they don't breathe through their neck, but could affect the ability of my baby to turn from being breech.