Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #11
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

Sounds like we are in a similar situation. My L side is worse than the R, I have pain afterwards also. No redness either, not even any cracking or bleeding now. Everything appears normal, except when he nurses. My nipples are tender to the touch, though. This has been so frustrating. We've been at this for 3+ weeks now. I'm currently using the genetian violet, it seems to be improving the tiniest bit. I'm going to ask tomorrow about a more aggressive Diflucan rx. Not sure what else to do.

Strep has been going through our house and we thought it might be related. Dr rx'd a steroid cream, but that left me sobbing through each nursing.

I hope you find what works for you too. This really stinks. {hugs}

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #12
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oh Lord, it's like razor blades!!! Help!

I have been wondering myself if it isn't a bacteria instead of thrush. Who knows. Sounds like exactly what you are describing. Let me know what your doc says. Hope it goes away soon as 3 weeks is a long time. I think I noticed mine around the weekend before Christmas. Thought it was O related at first. lol
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #13
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had thrush that wouldn't go away until I used Monistat 1 on it. I did it over night so baby wouldn't get it, and it fixes it overnight.

So sorry you're dealing with this.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #14
AtLeast
Registered
seller
seller

I'm starting to see relief with the genetian violet, taking GSE orally and 6 probiotics a day. Finally nursing without pain today!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Awesome! Hope it continues to improve!
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #16
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This sounds exactly like what we've been going through! The pain is terrible. My doctor recommended OTC antifungals (clotrimazole or monostat). After each feeding I do a vinegar rinse, blow dry, and apply antifungal to my nipples. I'm not sure if it's getting better or not. Sounds like the gentian violet is working for you. Maybe i should try that next. I'm not even convinced I'm dealing with thrush in the first place. I feel your pain. Literally
Old 01-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #17
AtLeast
Registered
seller
seller

I hear ya, not convinced either, until I tried the gv. I started having some pain again last night, though. It's far more bearable. It really stinks though. I did the one day Diflucan, wondering if I need to just ask for a more aggressive treatment of it.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #18
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
I had thrush that wouldn't go away until I used Monistat 1 on it. I did it over night so baby wouldn't get it, and it fixes it overnight.

So sorry you're dealing with this.
I wondered about this too. I was told this years ago when a friend of mine had thrush. Need to reinvestigate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleysmom1207 View Post
This sounds exactly like what we've been going through! The pain is terrible. My doctor recommended OTC antifungals (clotrimazole or monostat). After each feeding I do a vinegar rinse, blow dry, and apply antifungal to my nipples. I'm not sure if it's getting better or not. Sounds like the gentian violet is working for you. Maybe i should try that next. I'm not even convinced I'm dealing with thrush in the first place. I feel your pain. Literally
I am in the same boat still! It has been a month. If I don't nurse her for a long period it feels great but after nursing her 2 times on that side it is on fire again. It is getting old. The Nystatin obviously isn't strong enough. I am just thankful that she still is showing NO signs of thrush. Which of course makes me wonder if it is thrush. Baby shows no signs and I only have pain in 1 nipple. UGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeast View Post
I hear ya, not convinced either, until I tried the gv. I started having some pain again last night, though. It's far more bearable. It really stinks though. I did the one day Diflucan, wondering if I need to just ask for a more aggressive treatment of it.
What do you think you will ask for to treat? Hope for relief for all of us soon!!!
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #19
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Is this a new problem and what color are your nipples when baby unlatches?

I have Raynauds Syndrome and it feels like razor blades a lot of the time. I've also had topical trush and ductal yeast (the most insane pain imaginable)!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #20
mommy24babes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Maybe a stupid question to be asked on ds but do you use disposable nursing pads?

I has chronic thrush that was caused by disposable nursing pads. One I switched to cotton I never had another single case in 6 years of nursing.
mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote