Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
So what happens...

So what happens if LO sleeps through the night for a few days or a week or however long and then starts waking up again? Right now my 9 week old has slept 7 hours + the last two nights which is amazing but I'm soooooooooo uncomfortable around 4am I can't sleep and I don't want to wake myself up to pump; I have no reason to pump yet. So, if my body adjusts to this and then he starts waking up again will it readjust? Sorry new to all this.....

Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, babywearing, babyfood making, carseat crazy, SAH single mommy to Emerson 6.12.07 and Spencer 6.28.05
Poor but happy!!!
Spencersmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: So what happens...

Don't worry....your body will respond to your baby's needs....although it may make you uncomfortable during the process! My ds did that same thing. He slep for 6+ hour stretches for a few weeks....then BAM! He starts waking up to feed every 3 1/2 to 4 hours again. He's slowly stretching out 2 5 hour stretches last night! Woo hoo! I think his frequent night waking may be related to his acid reflux though. We increased his dosage of meds a week ago, and it's been slowly getting better since then.

Anyway....just go with it, and don't worry. If he needs more, he'll ask for more, and as long as you respond, you'll make more . Aren't our bodies just wonderful?
[CENTER]Latisa, wife to M, mom to an 11 yo, 8 yo, 6 yo, 4 yo, 3 yo, and 6 week old . in my spare time. ISO GMD snap less red workhorses, medium Disana soaker./[CENTER]
adensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Don't worry, your body will adjust. DS has been sleeping thru the night since he was 8wks old, and it was uncomfortable for a week or so. He occasionally wakes in the middle of the night for a feed and it's never been a problem. Go with the flo!!! (and be thankful you've had 2 good nights sleep)
b'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yep, your body is going to keep up with your LO and provide exactly what he needs when he needs it. Our bodies are soooooo AWESOME!
Patrice; Author, doula,midwifery student, herbal biz owner, coloratura soprano, cd-ing, b******, babywearing, Christian unschooling mom of 3 girls ages 14, 9, 5
Baby #4 due Jan 2013[/COLOR]
patricelondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
Registered Users

Yep I think it's AWESOME how it works too. I did notice though that if she did go for more than a few days, say a week and then woke to eat the first few min. she would fuss like she wasn't getting what she wanted, but then she'd stop fussing and it'd be fine. My body would then start making milk for the next night again, it's really cool.

It's that way now even more but I don't get full anymore. My dd will be 2 in 5 days and she goes full days without nursing sometimes and I don't feel full at all but then she'll come to nurse and BAM there's the milk. So neat!!
CHRISTmas Cards for EVERYONE!! Get them HERE and FAST!!
*I've made lots of DS mommas happy check out my Feedback!! I can do ANY custom design and work on ANY kind of pictures!!
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote