Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
OHIOFIFI
Registered Users
seller
seller

He weaned :(

DS decided it was time and has pretty much self weaned. He has nursed for all of 2 minutes in the morning after getting up a few days this week. He is 17 months. I am sad but he has started to sleep better (STTN 3 nights in a row) and will nap in his crib now instead of me holding & nursing him while he naps. He is our rainbow, miracle baby and unless we are greatly blessed again with another miracle, will probably be our last child. So my nursing days are probably over. We made it so much farther than I ever hoped for -- my goal was 6 months and we made it 17 months !! Thanks to all the ladies who helped me out with questions and support this past year and a half. to everyone !!

Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
nursenmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: He weaned :(

Congratulations on making it so far mama. It's hard no matter when you stop but it makes it so much easier knowing they are okay with it. And yeah! for sleeping through the night
Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can kind of relate to how you feel DS2 weaned at 13 months and I was so upset and sad. Babies grow up so quickly... *HUGS*
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Congrats for making it 17 months and allowing baby to self wean! What a great relationship you have. STTN is also great. I can understand it being bitter sweet. I am currently nursing my last baby and feel for you. HUGS!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

congrats mama!! my LO is 15 months and showing signs of self weaning, it makes me feel so good that we're doing it on her terms and no one elses.