Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #11
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HS Check in. Jan 14-Jan 31

Starting our unit on the Human Body today. I"m still looking for some "fill in" ideas so if anyone has some fun things to share I would love them.

Welcome back Heather, I hope everyone in your house is feeling better soon!!

Advertisement

Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #12
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I guess standardized testing time is coming up soon! I got my letter from the state in the mail; it lists the various times and locations I can sign up for but doesn't mention a date! Nice! Deadline to register is March 8 so at least I know it's not before then.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #13
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
I guess standardized testing time is coming up soon! I got my letter from the state in the mail; it lists the various times and locations I can sign up for but doesn't mention a date! Nice! Deadline to register is March 8 so at least I know it's not before then.
I get so stressed out about standardized testing. Are you required to do them or are they optional?
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #14
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I never write on this thread but DS did something funny yesterday in an attempt to get out of school (which it actually worked so maybe it was a good idea). I had given him a bit of a break in the middle of math (bad choice but that is mommy's fault.. well actually I got a call that I needed to take, you know how it is). I told him to come back to finish the lesson and he didn't like that idea. So being the 4 year old that he is, he decided to throw his plastic stool to show his frustration. Well this time God smiled on me and the stool bounced back at him and hit him square in the nose! So with a bloody nose and all he came to me screaming. He is fine and the nose isn't broken but I think he learned that he shouldn't throw things inside the house. We have had a big problem with this in the past and I think with this one tantrum we might have solved it!

Oh and to the mamas that say they are behind. I don't even want to admit how far behind I am. I started at the beginning of September and we are only on lesson 40 (on Thursday as we can't do anything tomorrow ) we were off for about 2 months recently though. I am hoping to do a 5 day school day next week but because he is 4 he may not want that. We will see.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #15
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. The girls have been awesome about doing their work, so I'm just waiting for the big meltdown.
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #16
croark
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma View Post
We use writing strands starting in third grade with book 2. Book 3 is self guided and really cute. My DD likes it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DS Forum
I keep reading alot of mixed reviews about it. Seems like it's a love it or hate it program. Level 3 is what we need to get it if I go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I never write on this thread but DS did something funny yesterday in an attempt to get out of school (which it actually worked so maybe it was a good idea). I had given him a bit of a break in the middle of math (bad choice but that is mommy's fault.. well actually I got a call that I needed to take, you know how it is). I told him to come back to finish the lesson and he didn't like that idea. So being the 4 year old that he is, he decided to throw his plastic stool to show his frustration. Well this time God smiled on me and the stool bounced back at him and hit him square in the nose! So with a bloody nose and all he came to me screaming. He is fine and the nose isn't broken but I think he learned that he shouldn't throw things inside the house. We have had a big problem with this in the past and I think with this one tantrum we might have solved it!
Sometimes natural consequences is better than anything we could come up with ourselves!

I'm stalling bad this morning! It's almost 11:00am and we haven't even started. It's COLD and icy here in Louisiana so we've been huddling by the fireplace and chatting. It's been nice. But now it's time to crack the whip.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Luckily WS is a pretty cheap investment.

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #18
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ok, this morning we improved and started by 11 instead of 1p.. :P

Over all our day went well. DD is doing percentage in math, as on percent of sales tax.. I'm having to relearn how to do this on paper with out the calculator. My 10yo is also really hating writing. He was doing a picture study and was supposed to write a story about the picture, 6 sentences and he was done. I tried to convincing him to write more detail. He just wasn't into it. Tomorrow is writing day, so we will revisit his story. I haven't done phonics with my Ker yet. My little 2nd grader is such a good student. He's fun to teach and catches on quick.

We are enjoying our RA "twice freed" and are ready for our MFW for the day. Yay!

thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
cedavid2011
Registered Users
seller

We had plans to start back Mon. but then had some things come up that I had to go deal with and I got almost no sleep last night (due to a teething baby), so we haven't gotten anything done today either. Hopefully tomorrow will go as planned and we can at least get the basics done.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #20
croark
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdtimemomma
Luckily WS is a pretty cheap investment.

Well I ordered it today after all! Plus a few other things ;-)