Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma
My Mood:
1 year Mirena anniversary

I don't come to DS much these days because our baby making days are over and my youngest is PL'd.
But just wanted to pop in to say I've had my Mirena IUC for a year and loving it!
There are a lot of negative experiences posted about Mirena, so I wanted to share a positive one.
I am sensitive to hormonal BC pills so I was concerned about Mirena. I got it first in 2009 for a couple months and read so many scary stories I got worried and took it out lol. Well I still had symptoms even with it out that I blamed on the Mirena, so I then knew it was just me (probably my diet at the time).
So then I had another baby and last January I got the Mirena in.
I haven't had any weight gain, I am currently 104 pounds at 5'1" so def no weight issues. (the pill did make me gain weight)
the first few months I noticed acne around the time I got my period, but I haven't had that in awhile now.
I don't notice any emotional upsets, I'm pretty level (as level as a mother of 6 can be lol)
My periods are almost non existent!!! This is why I gave Mirena another chance, I have horrid periods that are so painful and crippling. Over the months with the Mirena my periods have become less and less to the point where I just need a pantiliner for a few days, that's it! The last period I almost missed it was so light!
It did not affect my breastmilk supply when I was nursing.
I love having birth control that I don't have to think about. I check the strings in the shower about once a week, all is good

I love the Mirena!

Ok, just wanted to share a positive story, if you're considering Mirena, give it a shot! The negative stories are what you see on the internet, but the reality is the majority of Mirena users are happy

Happy TTA!

TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Max's Mom
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 1 year Mirena anniversary

I'm just curious if you have had any break through bleeding or any other side effects from it and if you did how long did they last?
Max's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Registered Users
Yay! I love mine too. After our first I never hit my period back until it was removed do we could start TTC ( which happened almost immediately). No side effects for me that time. I had this on inserted on Jan 2, and have been spotting for the last week. Ready for that to be over
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am thinking of getting a mirena if my insurance will cover it. I am nervous though something has me on edge about it. I have been trying to read up on it My Midwife suggested it after my second but I wasn't sure about something long term. Now I am more sure I am done and I think I would like something I did not have to worry about so much. I how ever made the mistake of reading the warnings on the mirena web sight and now I am on edge.
Julie loving wife to her vetern and Momma to Three
Alyssa(7) Savannah(5) and my Angel Baby May 23 2011

follow my blog:
If you have a product youd like me to blog about send me a message.
a_marines_wife03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ive only had it for 2 months , had a few moments but glad im sticking with it. I have had very light bleedi.g almost the entire time. In the morning i might have alittle spotting and by evening its gone. no schedule just whenever it wants but nothing major at all. Initially, i had a sudden drop in milk supply but with a few natural remedies, it was back up the next day. Overall i think its been great too even though i have hit a few speed bumps. Looks like a pretty smooth ride from here
KellylynnC is offline   Reply With Quote