Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Who has gotten neg. though pregnant for weeks? Esp. on dollar store tests?

Okay I am asking for a friend that called me last night.

She is on day 57.

She took a preg. test last night, dollar store test and it was neg.
I have heard those tests are sometimes not good, though I am not sure how they would be any different than my internet cheapies I get, which always worked.

She is breast feeding but always gets pregnant while breastfeeding.

I told her, probably her cycle just decided to disappear again. It can do that, when 1st starting up. But I also know there are women out there that will take tests over and over getting a negative and still be pregnant.

Advertisement

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
Was it me?! I'm on day 57. Breastfeeding. Have only had 1 PPAF. I'm not pregnant and always get pregnant while breastfeeding. I only just ovulated yesterday. It's normal while nursing to have long cycles.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Who has gotten neg. though pregnant for weeks? Esp. on dollar store tests?

Does she know if she ovulated? It's not unusual for ovulation to be delayed indefinitely, even after your cycle returns, when BFing. This can lead to some long cycles even if not pregnant.

It's not impossible to get a negative when pregnant, but it's not common.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

She does not know if she ovalated. I have explained it to her, but she does not really understand all the details.

I did tell her it probably is just going to be a long cycle and take a while to settle. Some of her other cycles were long too with her other children. But they are still all very close in age.

In saying that, she has gained weight in the last couple months. Though that should not show up yet anyway as a pregnancy sign.

And then the other night she had some wierd feelings, and heavy head feeling. Felt like everything going to fast, yet she is not moving.
So I said -- well that could be just be your body saying you need more sleep. But again it could be pregnancy.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God View Post
She does not know if she ovalated. I have explained it to her, but she does not really understand all the details.

I did tell her it probably is just going to be a long cycle and take a while to settle. Some of her other cycles were long too with her other children. But they are still all very close in age.

In saying that, she has gained weight in the last couple months. Though that should not show up yet anyway as a pregnancy sign.

And then the other night she had some wierd feelings, and heavy head feeling. Felt like everything going to fast, yet she is not moving.
So I said -- well that could be just be your body saying you need more sleep. But again it could be pregnancy.
Me too. That was the twins: Thanksgiving and Christmas! It took me forever to get a positive on $ store tests with my last baby. I was not nursing and we had been trying. I kept telling dh that I KNEW I was pregnant. He didn't believe me because all the tests were negative so he went and bought a more expensive test. When it was positive he didn't believe it and bought another. Yep, positive too. Maybe she needs to splurge on a better test?

Does she want to be pregnant? When you really want it you can think you've got the symptoms. It took almost a year and half to get pregnant with my first. Every month I had 'symptoms' but they were all from googling what I would feel like if I were pregnant and then I imagined them. I'd try a different test. Good luck to her!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

No, she was hoping for more space, but also at the same time, does not want to use anything to stop it, other than they just try not to be together.