Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #41
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PSA-Postal prices are going up drastically Jan. 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajoe View Post
These prices are now matching canada! (both within canada and to the us). I've done most of my shopping in the states because honestly its cheaper to buy there and ship here than to pay shipping here. So sad!
Yup, me too. I always try to get what I can from the US cuz shipping is usually cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilynloewen View Post
I don't think you will it sucks that it's going to cost that much more, but it won't stop me from buying from US wahms and mamas. It looks like it is still cheaper than our shipping within Canada mostly.
It'll definitely make me reconsider - paying the same shipping (or more), and then waiting 2+ weeks for something that could be here within a business week? No thanks.

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #42
Tami
Registered Users
seller

Interesting- looks like we will now be able to get DC to Canada for free! I guess that's one positive in all this.

http://www.dymoendicia.com/price-cha...ss-package-int

Quote:
NEW for 2013, the USPS will offer Electronic Delivery Confirmation for FREE on FCPIS packages. The USPS is initially launching this service for qualified packages to Canada only and will look to add additional destinations as available, aiming for April 2013.
Tami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #43
marilynloewen
Registered Users
Formerly: my2monkeys
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Yup, me too. I always try to get what I can from the US cuz shipping is usually cheaper.

It'll definitely make me reconsider - paying the same shipping (or more), and then waiting 2+ weeks for something that could be here within a business week? No thanks.
The variety of things you can find coming out of the US is much larger than what is available here in my experience. And the initial prices of items are also cheaper. I have never paid less than 13 for a small item to be shipped to me within Canada, unless the seller split shipping with me. It really does look like US buying/shipping will still be cheaper overall. Just saying!
Marilyn, mama of Colten 4/19/06 and Chase 9/25/08 FINALLY with #3! due at the end of May
marilynloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #44
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
Awesome They do so much they absolutely should raise prices, they deserve it after all. I have never seen such consistency in losing my packages and the level of not giving a damn what so ever has never faltered. I know I can always count on them to have no idea what is going on and the way they act as if me expecting them to do their job causes physical pain so the only thing to do is be a snotty as possible, well who doesn't love that? But my favorite reason they need a raise is that they have to work from 9 to 4 5 days a week and they only get an hour and a half for lunch seriously when will the abuse stop??? But they are so brave they only complain about how long the hours are 5 days a week from 9 to 4 5 days a week. They probably even complain over lunch, THAT is the level of dedication that have!! Who wouldn't want to pay extra for that kind of service?

OMG. HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I know, right?

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #45
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Bumping this up since the changes take place on Monday. As far as I understand it, all packages not received by the end of closing on Saturday are subject to the new shipping costs, no matter when it is postmarked.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #46
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know, I am so sad. It's so much more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone- forgive the craziness
Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #47
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My postal employee had no idea today when I talked to him. He knew all the prices were going up on the 27th, but I was like - yeah international (Canada specifically) is going up like 50% on little packages.

I was mailing something today to Canada and it was like 3 or 4 ounces and $3 something. Next week it will be $6 something.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #48
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The post office sucks. I'm going to start using using a private company instead. I've had nothing but issues with them over the years
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #49
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I went to mail some packages today and it seemed like DC was included on all Priority and Parcel Post, which is now called Standard Mail or something. So, yeah more expensive, but then they give you DC.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #50
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Omg! Over $12 for a med flat rate box ! I did a bunch of ffs stuff and didn't know about the increase..it cost me quite a bit. Plus I sold 14 premie prefolds for $14....lol...it cost me over $10 to ship them. And they didn't weigh much they r so tiny!
Its crazy.