Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
practicingjoy
Registered Users

Desire for VBAC Grew with Miscarriage

When I found out I was pregnant, I did a lot of research about VBACs and was pretty freaked out and confused. We switched doctors to have the option open, since my previous doctor wouldn't do VBACs. With the doctor switch, we were a little late getting seen (14 weeks) and found out the baby no longer had a heartbeat. We lost a lot that day, but one thing that I gained was confidence that when/if I do get pregnant again, I definitely want to have a VBAC. I don't really know why. Maybe the intense relationship with the workings of my body. Maybe having to go through surgery again via the D&E. But it made me wonder if any other women have had a similar realization.

Advertisement

Last edited by practicingjoy; 01-16-2013 at 11:50 AM.
practicingjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

Re: Desire for VBAC Grew with Miscarriage

I just wanted to say that I'm very sorry for your loss, and I hope you get your vbac rainbow baby. I didn't have a m/c, but I did have that a real desire and need to have a vbac. Somehow I felt like I was putting to rest my disappointment with my ignorance the first time around and my subsequent c/s (I believe if I'd been more informed and had a less knife-happy OB, I'd probably have avoided the surgery).

Best wishes!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

((HUGS)) i can definitely understand that. I don't know that my miscarriages had a direct effect on my desire for a VBAC, but I see where it might. There is something about having the chance for your body to be able to do what it is meant to that seems healing and almost redemptive. I've been well researched with both my births. It has been the lack of backbone (and at times support)I am fighting to overcome. I truly believe I can birth my babies. It is hard to let go of that.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
FarmingMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Desire for VBAC Grew with Miscarriage

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little baby. I know for me the desire to vbac was more because it safer then a rcs and labor is actually good for the baby. Whatever the case I hope you get your vbac and a healthy baby
FarmingMama is offline   Reply With Quote