Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Engorgement gone overnight?!?!?!?!?!?

So I went and ordered 3 more pair of boob pads cause I can't even do wash enough to keep up with them (I have 8 pair as it is). Then I wake up this morning NOT hard as a rock and NOT engorged anymore.

So I cancel my order from last night.

Well it seems she has been nursing a lot today and so I am FREAKING out that my supply has suddenly diminished OVERNIGHT!!! I haven't even felt 'full' today...don't know if thats cause she hasn't given me time to get full (growth spurt) or this is the beginning of the end (I know, I know - a little dramatic and I need to calm down so I don't STRESS my supply to nothing... ). I'm just worried...somebody calm me down and tell me it'll all be alright (but only if you think it really will be ).

I have upped my intake of water and oatmeal cookies like nobody's business today (from 100 oz to over 150 - I think I'll float away).

Advertisement

DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:38 PM   #2
tadbhoward
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Engorgement gone overnight?!?!?!?!?!?

Once your supply and demand are leveled off you will feel less full. It does happen abruptly and can be a little scary but if she's peeing and pooping then you are a okay! HTH.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
patricelondon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the pp, you are most likely fine. They (your boobs) don't have to have that full feeling in order to be fully supplied with milk.

I felt this way a few weeks ago when my now 2 month old drank the milk from my engorged breasts. Ine breast was really full and I even had a lump of milk in my armpit -I was so full. Then my LO was nursing and nursing and it was all gone. It can be a little scary.
Baby #4 due Jan 2013

http://madebylovewithlove.wordpress.com/products/[/COLOR]
patricelondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Don't worry after my night of sudden engorgement I haven't been "full" too much either. Actually only once in the last 2 days I've felt "full". Makes me wonder with how upset Sophia's been getting, but she still had tons of wet dipes (peeing through 2 prefolds) and is poopin' like a champ still. So I know I shouldn't worry.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
rlsadc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbhoward View Post
Once your supply and demand are leveled off you will feel less full. It does happen abruptly and can be a little scary but if she's peeing and pooping then you are a okay! HTH.
exactly. watch her diapers. youre not going to be feeling full once your supply has been set, which can happen between 2 and 4 weeks (sometimes up to 6, but not often). the rule of thumb is 5 poopy and 5 wet dipes in any given 24 hour period. it can be hard to count because they seem to run together lol. if youre having any other problems with nursing (which it doesnt sound like you are ) you can always drop me a pm...

rlsadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

THanks! I guess I'm just working differently this time. With my first, I didn't regulate till dd1 was almost 6 months...OMG, that was horrific and I almost gave up on so many occasions. With dd2, I had severe supply problems which led to the demise of our bfing relationship at 5 months (the kid HATED my boobs )...so I guess I'm just really surprised that this didn't last long AT ALL...I should be grateful, I know. And I will be as soon as I calm down
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote