Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV

It can cause birth defects? Wow, that's scary! My ND told me that once I get pg again I should continue to take it until the second trimester, to make sure my progesterone levels stay in balance. I better find out for sure if its safe now.
I took it to 8 weeks. Ds is fine.

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have you ever taken Vitex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
It can cause birth defects? Wow, that's scary! My ND told me that once I get pg again I should continue to take it until the second trimester, to make sure my progesterone levels stay in balance. I better find out for sure if its safe now.
I don't mean to scare. I've read many people take it until the second trimester for that reason and all have healthy babies. i was going to start taking it, but than one site said stop taking when pregnant for possible brain defects. I don't remember the site nor do I know how reputable it was. I really think it will help me but I don't want to goto a fertility doctor to get official information. If you ask, please report back on what the dr says.

thanks!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

I'm considering trying it next!
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddalena View Post
I'm considering trying it next!
I've read it can take a few months to really start working. So don't expect results right away.

I decided to try an omega 3-6-9 supplement first. It has helped with my FCM right away. It didn't help with my PLP last cycle. Hopefully this one.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #15
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I don't mean to scare. I've read many people take it until the second trimester for that reason and all have healthy babies. i was going to start taking it, but than one site said stop taking when pregnant for possible brain defects. I don't remember the site nor do I know how reputable it was. I really think it will help me but I don't want to goto a fertility doctor to get official information. If you ask, please report back on what the dr says.

thanks!
Its ok, I know you didn't mean to scare. I will definitely let you know what the dr says! I know my ND is ok with it because he told me to take it, but I will see what my family DR says as well.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

There are considerable research studies that conclude that Vitex is safe to take during pregnancy. Most women don't need to or shouldn't because there's no good reason to mess with your hormone levels during pregnancy; those who need to continue boosting progesterone should.

Vitex doesn't simply boost progesterone, it has an overall normalizing and balancing effect.

I took it with a blend (Vitanica Pregnancy Prep) for 3 months, and had the common effect of it moving my ovulation date up a little. Now I O every 26 days, it used to be every 28. My naturopath this week put me on 550mg a day, capsules, and said that in a few months I might stop conceiving only to have AF arrive on time.

But I'd also read that miscarrying extremely early is what happens from hormonal imbalance, while miscarrying about 8 weeks is usually a genetic defect or something else wrong with the fetus.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, just wanted to add that maybe that second time it wasn't your body at all, that provoked the miscarriage. It's exceptionally common for embryos to be formed that aren't completely healthy, and for those to be lost about 8-12 weeks.

But it's still a good idea to give your body a boosting balance after pregnancy and miscarriage, which Vitex is good at.

Best wishes in achieving another healthy pregnancy!

Last edited by TrennaII; 01-16-2013 at 04:47 PM.
TrennaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Thanks for the reassurance!
You could be right, the chemical I had was likely due to hormonal imbalance, considering I was still breast feeding, it was my first ovulatory cycle and I had not had a period yet. Also, like you said, its probably good to take it even if the second one wasn't due to hormones. It will only help things right?!