Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #31
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ds in 9% weight ...what now?

If your child seems to be happy, healthy, and developing, I wouldn't worry. I have a family member who is a Pediatrician and she says she hates the charts because all kids grow differently, and some will stop gaining for a period of time as they grow in height. My ds1 was always small, he was 19 lbs at 1 year. At 5 years he is 30 lbs. He is very skinny, but eats constantly, has a TON of energy and is tall. He has to wear skinny jeans because those are the only ones that he fits into, waist wise. My ds2 is the opposite. He was 20 lbs at 5 months old, and at 2 years old he is also 30 lbs. He hasn't gained any weight for awhile now but he has been getting taller and developing right on time in every thing else. I haven't had a Doctor be worried about either of them. And I probably wouldn't do the tests at this point if it were me, not based on just a chart.

Advertisement

JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #32
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good new...bloodwork is normal and he's fine. just a little guy...lol. I'll have to post a pic tomorrow

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #33
becky1231
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3girlsallnaughty View Post
Good new...bloodwork is normal and he's fine. just a little guy...lol. I'll have to post a pic tomorrow
I'm glad his tests all came back good. I was just about to post that I don't think you have a thing to worry about. I had a small fry myself he is still small 5%tile for weight. But he is happy healthy and thriving. As long as he is hitting his milestones and from what I read he is just keep doing what your doing Mama <3
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #34
3girlsallnaughty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky1231 View Post

I'm glad his tests all came back good. I was just about to post that I don't think you have a thing to worry about. I had a small fry myself he is still small 5%tile for weight. But he is happy healthy and thriving. As long as he is hitting his milestones and from what I read he is just keep doing what your doing Mama <3
Thanks momma...hugs I'll post a pic bc he is my first small one lol.

It's a Boy!! Due April 30th!!
3girlsallnaughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:27 PM   #35
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I thought I replied to this yesterday, but maybe the interwebs ate it. Anyway, I totally understand it feeling more off going from big babies to small babies. DS1 was a tank. Always in the 75-90th percentiles. Along comes DS2. He was born at 36w5d at 6lbs11oz and we assumed he was going to be another big baby. Up to 6 months he was growing fairly well, but slowly dropping in percentile. From 6 months to 8.5 months, he gained 2 ounces and dropped to the 3rd percentile. He picked back up to 10th eventually, but he's back down to 5th again. It stressed me out for a while, but once I realized that he was meeting milestones just fine and eating well. I'm a little nervous for his weigh in next one because I think he might have actually lost weight.

FWIW, DS2 is now 23 months and is just starting to fit into the clothes DS1 wore at 12 months.

I'm glad to read your update that the blood work was fine.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #36
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 in the 4th percentile. Two are small, two are not. As long as they were eating, sleeping, active, peeing, pooping regular. I didn't worry. C2 had serious digestive issues, which I rectified. She is now nearly 10 and weighs 57 lbs. She is lean, strong, with rock hard abs (something I've never had!) Her coloring is fabulous, her immune system strong. She is just petite and always has been!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #37
kkleinman
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wouldn't worry! My DS was 14lbs 8oz at his nine month appointment. He gained five lbs between 9-12 months. He eats like a horse but burns it all off being a crazy boy.