Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
ummsmiley
Registered Users
seller

I have a six year old who was diagnosed with precocious puberty and got breast buds just before her 5th birthday. She's been wearing these really soft seam free,tag free training bras from justice from the oh so soft collection. They have light pads that can be removed or put in if needed which I think is ingenious. My oldest started wearing a bra at 8/9 and loves justice bras too.

I personally don't like it when girls have breast buds poking through their shirts. I know for a fact that there are perves who get off on seeing it and have seen grown men stare. It makes me REALLY uncomfortable to see.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forumq

Advertisement

Last edited by ummsmiley; 01-14-2013 at 01:56 PM.
ummsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #22
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: When did your DD start wearing a bra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaiya View Post
Ahhh puberty. I was in 6th grade when I finally got a training bra. My sister, who was in the same class as me (5th/6th grade split) was kind enough to tell EVERYONE the first day I wore it to school. Leading up to it, my mom kept asking me if I wanted one. I always said NO! But then my younger brother and sister would tease me relentlessly about needing one...and I was too shy to tell my mom I'd changed my mind. My mom also kept wanting to measure me so she could get the "right" size. How embarrassing. My plan for my DD (who is only 2 right now) is to not be as weird as my mom was about all of it...but barring that (like, if she takes after me in the shy/embarrassed realm) I'll just go buy her a bunch of sizes, tell her to try them on and let me know which ones to take back to the store.
I showed my daughter a diagram online of how to measure herself and sent her into the bathroom to do it in front of the mirror so she could make sure the measuring tape was even and smooth. When we went shopping for actual bras, I told her everything I could think of as to how it would be if it fit properly.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
I'm just gonna throw this out there, but have you ever wondered if bras are even necessary?

http://www.brafree.org/

I haven't worn in in over a year
I was a 38d by 6th grade. I am now a 44g. I.would never.dream.of not.wearing a bra nor would I ever encourage my dds.to go braless. Good breast support is very important
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #24
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just recently got some for my 9 year old. In fact we got the puberty's coming talk from her ped. at her well check, so I'd say 8-10 is a normal age range for that.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #25
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My 9y DD started developing buds last summer and wanted a bra. She wears either a camisole with bra built in, or double later sports bra! Nothing fancy!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #26
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A bra at age 8 is a sign of Central Precocious Puberty. She needs her growth plates X-ray'd. CPP = early menses. Early Menses = smaller stature and early peak fertility. Early peak fertility = early menopause.

Cut out all grocery store meats and milk. We buy only grass fed meats and Raw Milk. Go as organic as is possible. Get rid of all BPA plastics.

Cut Out ALL SOY!

I took my DD to a Natriopath to get her body detoxed. The Pediatric Endocrinologist had put our DD on pediatric Depo shots, which sent her into hormonal hell! He told me we would make it to 9 before menses. We made it to 11.5 with the Natriopath! DD is about 3 inches shorter than she should be.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #27
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elioraimmanuel
A bra at age 8 is a sign of Central Precocious Puberty. She needs her growth plates X-ray'd. CPP = early menses. Early Menses = smaller stature and early peak fertility. Early peak fertility = early menopause.

Cut out all grocery store meats and milk. We buy only grass fed meats and Raw Milk. Go as organic as is possible. Get rid of all BPA plastics.

Cut Out ALL SOY!

I took my DD to a Natriopath to get her body detoxed. The Pediatric Endocrinologist had put our DD on pediatric Depo shots, which sent her into hormonal hell! He told me we would make it to 9 before menses. We made it to 11.5 with the Natriopath! DD is about 3 inches shorter than she should be.
It isnt. PP is breast buds/menses prior to age 8.

8 is considered within the realm of normal.

My daughter had Pp (pubic hair at 6, buds at 7) we did nothing. She does have pcos but PP is common in girls with pcos.

Plus with kids being slightly overweight these days it is hard to tell if they are breast buds or just fat.

At 8 Inwould buy a bra and move on. Periods usually start 2 years after breast buds and 10 is normal range for menses.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #28
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I read through that bra free site and I'm sorry, but bras causing cancer? Bras being too tight and causing toxins to build up and not be able to be released from the body? How about instead of no bra a bra that actually fits?

And then they recommended women, even with very large breasts, jump on a mini trampoline braless to "train" their breasts to go without the extra support? I don't know, maybe she's onto something cutting edge that we'll all be kicking ourselves over in 30 years. But these huge boobs over here? They need a bra! Or at least a nursing tank with a shelf bra built in.

Anyways, OP. I remember wearing a bra in the 4th grade. I had my period by 11. I remember being earlier than my friends for most puberty related things. I also agree with a PP who said she found it awkward when little girls' buds poke through their shirts. I think its really sad that we think that way, but unfortunately that's the society we live in.

Have you talked to your DD about it? Has she mentioned being uncomfortable?

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote