Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Is there hope for the hope chest?

My Grandma used to call my hope chest my "hopeless chest". haha. I dreamed of getting married since I was 12 and I loved squirreling things away... By the time I was 21 and married, I had 2 chests worth of things! She will be so thankful for all your work down the road.

I say keep adding to it. Even if the plates are not her style when she gets married, it will be a great starter set until she can buy her whole dinnerware set. (my sis registered for very expensive dinnerware and didn't end up getting the whole set for their wedding gift and so they had to save up to buy the rest and it took time!).

raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Is there hope for the hope chest?

We have saved some dishes, (plain white from Ikea) A few dish towels, mixing spoons, a George Foreman grill. But, we also have her entire bedroom of stuff, have saved a couch, a desk, and a few TVs. But, she's closer to moving out..she has to stay here until she finishes college.

Her hope chest if pretty full. Nothing is expensive, so if her first roommates ruin it, it won't be the end of the world.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote