Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
tkboysmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: does my baby have eczema?

Yes it sounds like it to me. Both my sons had small patches the flared up but were worse in the winter. I would recommend not using Johnson & Johnson products. They are very harsh on skin. We switched to Cetaphil and that helped a lot. Also don't make a lot of changes at once. Change one thing and see how his skin reachs and then go from there so you can decide what is helping him and what is not.

Advertisement

tkboysmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Looks like my DD's vaccine induced eczema.

She takes Krill oil (fish when younger). I use Tropical Traditions unscented cream to moisturize and Miracle Salve (beeyoutiful.com) on the eczema. Well, did, I now make my own.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #13
cdeweese
Registered Users
Formerly: New cloth lover
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD has seasonal allergies and gets patches of eczema anywhere that is damp/wet for an extended period of time (inside elbows, behind ears &behind knees in summer). She sucks her first two fingers and gets patches there and on her face. She is on Zyrtec and gets a dose of Benadryl if it starts to look inflamed. The only time she eats bad is if she is getting too dry. We bath at least every other night (encouraging her to lay in the tub) in warm water and use Aveeno bath cleanser. Every week she also gets an oatmeal bath (Aveeno).
Old 01-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep sounds like eczema! I use cetaphil soap and lotion every bath and it is gone! It only comes back when we go out of town.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like eczema. Both of my boys get it if they have cow's milk dairy or when they are getting sick/teething. I use the Welleda baby eczema cream. You can also get a prescription for mild steroid cream if you want to treat eczema. (I have eczema too so I have various steroid creams) My DH and I don't like to use steroid cream on the boys but we have on occasion when their rashes get really bad because it does break the cycle better than anything else I've tried. I find that if I break the cycle then the rash will get better for a long time. (For me and the boys).

I also agree with the suggestion to try a naturopath to find the root cause if you don't already have a suspect. (cow's milk is a big one!)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #16
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE=JasmineMama;16166526]Sounds like eczema. Both of my boys get it if they have cow's milk dairy or when they are getting sick/teething. I use the Welleda baby eczema cream. You can also get a prescription for mild steroid cream if you want to treat eczema. (I have eczema too so I have various steroid creams) My DH and I don't like to use steroid cream on the boys but we have on occasion when their rashes get really bad because it does break the cycle better than anything else I've tried. I find that if I break the cycle then the rash will get better for a long time. (For me and the boys).

I also agree with the suggestion to try a naturopath to find the root cause if you don't already have a suspect. (cow's milk is a big one!)[/QUOTE

i wonder if insurance would cover a visit to a nuturapath. the patches are not terrible but he seems to have a constant red bumpy patch on his cheeks. i have not introduced cows milk to him other then in my milk and yogurt. the patched dont seem to make him feel uncomfy.

there are so many variables in his environment :/ ill look into a visit with a nuturapath
Old 01-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #17
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineMama
Sounds like eczema. Both of my boys get it if they have cow's milk dairy or when they are getting sick/teething. I use the Welleda baby eczema cream. You can also get a prescription for mild steroid cream if you want to treat eczema. (I have eczema too so I have various steroid creams) My DH and I don't like to use steroid cream on the boys but we have on occasion when their rashes get really bad because it does break the cycle better than anything else I've tried. I find that if I break the cycle then the rash will get better for a long time. (For me and the boys).

I also agree with the suggestion to try a naturopath to find the root cause if you don't already have a suspect. (cow's milk is a big one!)
This, my little guy gets it on his cheeks if I drink milk, or eat ice cream or eggs, he also just popped his first two teeth and that seemed to exacerbate the problem. It doesn't seem to bug him, but I keep it hydrated with either lanolin or cj's which seems to help. I'm going to check out the welleda.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #18
PBPMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is 14 months and has eczema primarily from cow's milk but also when the weather turns colder. He does not seem bothered by it at all and it didn't show until he started on a cow's milk based formula. We have used Hydrocortisone cream sparingly and try to eliminate dairy products, although, he seems to do fine with a grilled cheese. Yogurt causes a bad reaction for some reason.

I recently tried Cerave lotion and it has done great. I have also used Aquaphor, Aveeno Eczema Cream and the Cetaphil. The Cerave does the best, in my opinion. I use Eucerin Baby Wash and stopped using all Johnson's products.

Good luck! You may see more outbreak as lo gets older and you add in foods to the diet. Just add them slowly and look for reactions.
PBPMama is offline   Reply With Quote