Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #21
Miss_Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Difficult transaction - can I return to sender?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1 View Post
As long as when they get there it says they were shipped by the 7th or before, you need to leave a positive. You have 5 business days to ship which would have been the 7th. You can not count weekends or holidays. I know she said she was going to send them out Monday, but she did not have to and she kept in contact and let you know that she got delayed.
Has she even been on since you messaged her asking for the dc #?If so, she needs to answer you, but then again she may be feeling hounded if you keep asking her and she has already told you she shipped( not saying this is the case, just playing devil's advocate). She still needs to give you the Dc # if she has been on and read your message.
First class mail can take up to a week to be delivered and can take even longer if the po screws up.
I am a firm believer in leaving negative when it is earned, but at this point she has not earned it.
If the transaction is not positive, she doesn't HAVE to leave positive just because she shipped within the deadline. You can count Saturdays as most post offices are open and mail is delivered on that day. If she had a less than pleasant transaction, she is well within her rights to leave a neutral. Nobody said anything about negative.

Advertisement

Miss_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #22
Sankoji
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi all - Just a quick update that even though she told me late last week that they'd already shipped (when I asked for a refund), they hadn't. She didn't prepare a shipping label until Sunday and didn't ship them until Monday, which was 2.5 weeks after I placed the order. They're supposedly due for delivery today...we'll see if they actually arrive! :P
Sankoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #23
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How frustraiting. I hope you get your package today. Please leave appropriate feed back. IMO there was nothing positive about this transaction.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #24
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
How frustraiting. I hope you get your package today. Please leave appropriate feed back. IMO there was nothing positive about this transaction.

My biggest peeve would be the lack of communication. I totally understand, when buying things, that we're all mommys on here, and crap happens. Sometimes we plan to do something tomorrow and it doesn't happen until next week.
BUT, IMO as a seller, once the buyer pays for something, I am holding both their $$ AND their item - it's theirs as soon as that payment goes through. It's my responsibility to let them know exactly what is happening and what I'm doing with their item. I expect the same from sellers as a buyer.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #25
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
I agree!
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #26
Sankoji
Registered Users

My Mood:

ITA, Canadian and Ray.

Nerissa, I love the tag in your post...how true! "Please excuse any typos as I am probably on my tablet, nursing, and it is usually the middle of the night."
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #27
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankoji View Post
Hi all - Just a quick update that even though she told me late last week that they'd already shipped (when I asked for a refund), they hadn't. She didn't prepare a shipping label until Sunday and didn't ship them until Monday, which was 2.5 weeks after I placed the order. They're supposedly due for delivery today...we'll see if they actually arrive! :P
So what ended up happening? Were they okay? Did they arrive?
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #28
Sankoji
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yup, the diapers arrived yesterday. Ironically, they came in the exact condition as described and are adorable. I'm not going to return them to her - too much hassle when I just no longer want to be involved with the situation. It all could have been avoided if her communication and shipping were more prompt...
Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #29
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Mommy

If the transaction is not positive, she doesn't HAVE to leave positive just because she shipped within the deadline. You can count Saturdays as most post offices are open and mail is delivered on that day. If she had a less than pleasant transaction, she is well within her rights to leave a neutral. Nobody said anything about negative.
I said IF they were shipped within the 5 business day period. And I am almost positive they altered the rules here to not include saturdays because not all post offices are open.
And also IF the seller had not been on after she asked for the dc number.
At that point we only knew that the package was delayed, the seller had let her know, and it was still in the time frame that you can not leave bad feedback based on shipping only. You certainly should not be able to mark return to sender at that point.
The hang up at that point was communication, and at that point i had no idea if the seller had read her messages or not.
I was basing my opinion on the whole scenario ( not just shipping time) and with what info was given. There were a few what ifs that were up in the air.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #30
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankoji
Now THAT i would not leave positive for. If she straight out lied to you