Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #21
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge: 1/14-1/18

Monday (closet): Got rid of 10 things. DH got rid of 7 (some socks, a jersey, and 2 t-shirts) and I got rid of a purse, wallet, and sweater.

Tuesday (living room): Got rid of 5 things so far (tossed 3 cloth wipes and a couple of random puzzle pieces).

Advertisement

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #22
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

My closet: all in all I got rid of 58 items from my dresser/closet today. I have more work to do on it another day,but this is a good start.

Living room: a big pile of newspaper inserts that we can't burn in the fireplace, a blanket we don't often use, the extra couch is supposed to go tomorrow, monkey ring from a birthday party, play station thingy, 2 highlights magazines

Car: misc trash, Junky thingy from birthday party, two pair ds shoes, 2 water bottles, dd broken plastic ring, empty water cup. Also brought in the toy boxes and reorganized them.

Extra credit: cleaned the windows in the living room and dining room dining room-inside only though. It's way too cold to outside to do anything about the exterior glass.
Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.

Last edited by specialdelivery; 01-16-2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Got rid of more stuff!
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These threads are so motivating. Thank you!
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #24
L&MsMamma
Registered Users
seller
seller

So I'm having a crazy week and the only thing I've done so far is clean out my car and boy did it need it!!!!I'm not even going to tell you how many things went into the trash because it is just embarrassing!
L&MsMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #25
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am slacking this week! We had a rough couple of days but I think we're back on track. As long as DS naps today. *fingers crossed*

I still need to do yesterday's entryway challenge, although I think it will be more about just putting things away and reorganizing, rather than actually tossing anything. But we'll see! You never know.

I'm skipping the car one today. It is COLD outside today. So I'll do that one either tomorrow or Saturday, when it's supposed to be a little less chilly. Our car isn't too bad, but I want to repack a bag for in there and reorganize it a bit, toss a few things, and it could definitely use a vacuuming and wipe down.

I'm going to try to do tomorrow's challenge today instead. We have a utility closet full of all sorts of things, I am constantly trying to declutter it and reorganize it. It's the only real closet in our whole house (other than bedroom closets) so it's needs to hold multiple types of items.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #26
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&MsMamma View Post
So I'm having a crazy week and the only thing I've done so far is clean out my car and boy did it need it!!!!I'm not even going to tell you how many things went into the trash because it is just embarrassing!
Yay! It must be so much nicer in there now, it's going to feel good to drive it now. Don't be embarrassed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMommy6111 View Post
These threads are so motivating. Thank you!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialdelivery View Post
My closet: all in all I got rid of 58 items from my dresser/closet today. I have more work to do on it another day,but this is a good start.

Living room: a big pile of newspaper inserts that we can't burn in the fireplace, a blanket we don't often use, the extra couch is supposed to go tomorrow, monkey ring from a birthday party, play station thingy, 2 highlights magazines

Car: misc trash, Junky thingy from birthday party, two pair ds shoes, 2 water bottles, dd broken plastic ring, empty water cup. Also brought in the toy boxes and reorganized them.

Extra credit: cleaned the windows in the living room and dining room dining room-inside only though. It's way too cold to outside to do anything about the exterior glass.
Awesome! I can't do the outsides of our windows, either. Ours are really really old, too, so this spring we need to go and take the storm windows off and clean them inside and out. Right now I'm settling with just doing the room-sides only and giving the sills a good dusting. I did my dining room ones the other day, but I'm going to do the living room ones either today or tomorrow.

2,014 items in 2014?
Old 01-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #27
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialdelivery View Post
I'd say 58 items is more than a good start. Great job!
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #28
MSmith88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Monday 1/14: I got rid of 3 t shirts, 6 nicer shirts, 2 pairs of shoes.
Tuesday 1/15: Living room was hard... my dd had 3 junky books given to her for Christmas and those are going to good will.
Wednesday 1/16: Entry way. Two books of mine on bookshelf. Some junk mail. Returned snowman figure to my MIL.
Thursday 1/17: Car. Still in progress
Friday 1/18: I chose my coat closet. I made hubby take out the rock salt out to the garage. Got rid of 1 jacket of DD's, 1 sweatshirt of mine, and 3 of DH's. It was like pulling teeth for him but I got it done! I added a basket on the shelf to keep our gloves, scarfs, and hats. THIS LOOKS SOOOO MUCH BETTER.
MSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #29
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Way to go mammas! It feels good to clean stuff out!

Yesterday I got rid of an old set of sheets, some extra clothes, and 2 paper grocery bags of books Our bookshelves are hard because we don't have too many "fun" books around (but can probably clear out a few more), and we put any new books on our kindles. But we have several textbooks, and notes from old classes that are hard to clear out. Partly because they represent so much work, and partly because as grad students, there is a bit of a feeling of "I need that" while we're still in the program. So we took a few baby steps yesterday, and it feels good
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #30
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith88 View Post
Monday 1/14: ...
Friday 1/18: I chose my coat closet. I made hubby take out the rock salt out to the garage. Got rid of 1 jacket of DD's, 1 sweatshirt of mine, and 3 of DH's. It was like pulling teeth for him but I got it done! I added a basket on the shelf to keep our gloves, scarfs, and hats. THIS LOOKS SOOOO MUCH BETTER.
How things look after cleaning out the fluff is so motivating for me. It can be hard to toss stuff, but it's easier when the end result makes you feel calm and happy.