Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Registered Users
Tubal Thoughts...

I had a tubal a year ago during my 3rd c-section. I did it because I have a history of placenta previa and a lot of scar tissue due to c-sections and a d&c after a miscarriage.

I have no regrets about the tubal because I just didm;t feel that is would be safe for me to be pregnant again, plus we have three kids and are happy.

But..... at the same time, lately I have been wishing that I was pregnant again. Not outwardly hoping but just wishing that maybe the tubal didn't work. Either way I wouldn't be upset.

I think the major reason for this is that I still have not gotten my period yet (I am still night nursing 14 month old DS) so it is kind of like "oh wouldn't it be nice".

Again, I don't regret the tubal- I just wouldn't mind if I miraculously got pregnant.

Am I being crazy or does anyone else feel like this?

SAHM to three wonderful monsters: Tyler 6, Alli 4 and Jilly Billy 2. And all I have to say is thank God for wine!
essential1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Tubal Thoughts...

I also had a tubal with my last pregnancy-4th. That was almost 15 months ago and I think about it a lot lately...not really wishing that the tubal would fail, but I wouldn't be sad if it did. I had previa with first and had a c/s. VBACed next 2 and almost died with 3rd baby. Had a PP hemorrhage and uterine infection. Had 4th with c/s due to complications with 3rd. Uterus was so thin they could see through it and she was born 20 minutes after the 36 week mark since my water broke! So, not really safe to have anymore, but still wish!
DSMOMS for 5% off at My Sweet Pickles! Freebies and good deals always going on!

Find us on Facebook
minneapolismelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
My Mood:

Someone I know told me she wished her tubal would fail.
Michelle, mom to DD (7/9/99), DD (11/12/01), and DS (4/17/07); wife to DH (8/31/96)
GEM (Green and Economical by Michelle) Cloth
***Clearance Prices on Cloth Pad Sets!***
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:22 AM   #4
Registered Users
Formerly: newmom
My Mood:
I definitely think about it. I would never, ever have a reversal, but it wouldn't be the worst thing ever for it to fail. But at the same time I am definitely ok with being done!

What you are feeling is normal
Melissa, L&D nurse and wife to my soulmate Shawn.

Mama to 3! Brooke (4), Katie (3) and our newest addition, Ryan born 3/5/2011!
MelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

My aunt had a tubual just over three years ago. And she is now 36 weeks with a baby boy. She had hers cut and sewn, and I guess they healed themselves back together. It is possible, but chances are very small.
Stephanie madly in love with her Medical Student.
Mama to three gorgeous cowgirls, and one angel.

Handmade rustic home decor ~
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I can relate to what you're saying. I was READY to get my tubes tied with K (born in June 2009). I was to have a scheduled c-section due to complete placenta previa. We found out one week before my scheduled c-section when I went to the L&D with contractions that my placenta was no longer complete. I went on to have a vaginal birth and because of that never had the c-section. Noah was conceived, (because of Daddy's undercover baby fever, LOL), about a year and a half later. I had a signed tubal consent with him too in case I needed an emergency c-section, but I didn't so again no c-section, no tubal.

I did a lot of research about tubals, even had a friend that had had one many years ago and told me about things like Post Tubal Syndrome, and how much she regretted it. Partly because of what she said and partly because I am the main caregiver for five children (and three dogs) I never scheduled a non c-section tubal.

My AF came back with a vengeance about the time I got my first PP AF with Noah and it's baaaaaaad sometimes. There are about a 1,001 reasons we shouldn't have a baby right now and part of me feels that if I had had the tubal I would have an easier time getting over the baby fever because of the finality...the other half of me feels there must be a reason my tubal never happened and I'm interested to see how things work out. I don't have the same peace I did about the finality of a tubal now like I did with K....
Jamie: Kinda crunchy, very blessed mom to 5 & volunteer firefighter.
I love making a home for my man in uniform and my children.
Baby Girl due 01/05/16!
Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote