Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #31
patricelondon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Ugggggggggg.....

Quote:
I wish we could just get past the concept that breasts, yes, have more than one significance in this society, but that they serve to do more than just please a man (or woman in some cases!) and their other function is SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT.

I am sorry, f*** discretion! I am FEEDING MY CHILD. If you do not want to see it, it is as easy as TURNING YOUR HEAD IN THE OTHER FREAKING DIRECTION.

AUGH. My blood is boiling for you girls. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I feel the same way the one of your stated feeling--I have all these great comebacks in my head for anyone who ever gives me trouble for BFing, but if I was actually confronted about it, I would probably be too amazed by their ignorance to even say anything in a timely fashion!
I second that emotion! People are soooo ignorant. I have to admit too that I often wonder how I'll react if something like this happens to me.

Knowing that the law in NC states that breastfeeding in public is ok, is that enforced? Some states that are ok with it happening in public don't actually have anything in place to enforce the law if it is broken by some ignorant person. I know that here in NJ, it is enforced via a fine to the ignoramous...

I'm so sorry that you all experienced this...

Advertisement

Baby #4 due Jan 2013

http://madebylovewithlove.wordpress.com/products/[/COLOR]
patricelondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #32
Tad
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Ugggggggggg.....

I am also one of those that responds back right away and rudely if I am approached in a rude manner . But I recommend an immediate improvement, then I do not need to stew on the issue and can relax and go on with my happy life. If this happens to anyone, just say as recommended above, either nice or nasty - you child is eating, that's that simple, others can look or turn around.

I was recently sitting with friends in a hotel lobby they stayed in. Our sons (15 m & 3 yrs) were having fun and running up and down 3-step stairs and the ramp. My DS fell a little and started crying. We comforted him, it was just a little bump, and soon he was back at running. Then a lady comes over and deliveries a message from the manager - we should not let our sons run. Well, I have no clue how to stop a child from having a little fun and running (they were not bothering anyone, not in the way, and surprisingly not even loud) without restraining them and thus making the cry. My response to the lady was "The manager obviously has no children or if s/he does, s/he does, s/he does not spend time them them" and then explained how they were just playing and we were watching them keeping them out of serious trouble. They just left and our sons kept having fun - maybe rude, but that's me
Old 08-18-2007, 01:33 AM   #33
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry you had a stressful lunch. But I feel SO terrible for that lady who was rude to you. I mean, you see how miserable it was to be exposed to her for a few minutes! Well she can't EVER get away. When she leaves the restaurant... there she is. In the car? Still there. When she goes to bed? There she is. When she wakes up? Still there, still exactly herself. Every Single Time she looks in a mirror THERE is her own angry face staring back at her! It must be just AWFUL don't you think? And I would think that such a small mind in her fat head would cause some physical discomfort as well- I mean the human skull just isn't designed for a mind that small! Do you suppose she has a constant headache?
Poor thing.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #34
Tad
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoed View Post
I'm sorry you had a stressful lunch. But I feel SO terrible for that lady who was rude to you. I mean, you see how miserable it was to be exposed to her for a few minutes! Well she can't EVER get away. When she leaves the restaurant... there she is. In the car? Still there. When she goes to bed? There she is. When she wakes up? Still there, still exactly herself. Every Single Time she looks in a mirror THERE is her own angry face staring back at her! It must be just AWFUL don't you think? And I would think that such a small mind in her fat head would cause some physical discomfort as well- I mean the human skull just isn't designed for a mind that small! Do you suppose she has a constant headache?
Poor thing.