Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #91
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 13th - 19th

My Dr. wasn't super thrilled with me declining the glucose test, but decided that she would be ok with it if I did a finger prick each time, which I'm ok with. My only risk is twins, and my glucose is always super good, so I'm not worried about that. Also supposed to get 4 hours of feet up/ lie down time everyday. Thankfully I have someone who started helping us last week, and it's going well so far.
We are painting as well. We painted the girl's room last weekend, and are going to paint their closet this as well as a wall downstairs. Well, I'm not so useful right now, so I will be mostly supervising Next week the rest of the unpainted main parts of the house will be painted by a pro. We have ceilings that are like 24' so there is no way we can do it, and I've lived with the ugly color long enough!
27 weeks tomorrow! Starting to get excited

Advertisement

Old 01-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #92
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611
I just got a call from my midwife that I flunked the one hour glucose test, so next week I have to go in for the long one. This happened to me with DD too, and I passed the 2 hour no problem. I wonder why the shorter test causes me problems? Not looking forward to the fasting then choking down that nasty drink not to mention sitting in the lab for 2 hours. No cell phones or computers allowed at our lab - how else is a girl supposed to keep occupied while sitting still for so long? lol
I am worried about that this time. If I drink a regular coke I get a headache fast. DH said it could be a sign I'm not processing the sugar well?! I can drink coke zero fine...

Ours here is three hours if you fail the one hour. :/ ugh
Old 01-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #93
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Im not starting to get excited. Im not....not excited, but i just know how rough it will be for all of us and i dread tge first 8w pp with newbie and add two fighting preschoolers to that.......ugh.
Im also nervous about a homebirth. Handling the pain, mostly. Buying a bigger car, too. Im not excited about that stuff.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #94
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
Im not starting to get excited. Im not....not excited, but i just know how rough it will be for all of us and i dread tge first 8w pp with newbie and add two fighting preschoolers to that.......ugh.
Im also nervous about a homebirth. Handling the pain, mostly. Buying a bigger car, too. Im not excited about that stuff.
I understand.

I'm excited about this baby, but mostly I just want to be done worrying about DD's childcare during labor. That is what I'm fixated on.

The baby part seems sorta off in the peripheral.

Am tired of not being home and we have another week of being away. DH still thinks its funny to say he's gonna leave me here so I can have the baby in Texas. It's hard not to sound insulting to my family when he says that in front of them. Yes, having family around is awesome. But being in my home is better.

Sorry... I like my home, my bed, my groceries, my life. But everyone else seems to think that if DH is gone for even 6 weeks, I should prefer to live in someone else's house and rearrange my life to fit their schedule.

Anyways...
Old 01-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #95
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

I understand.

I'm excited about this baby, but mostly I just want to be done worrying about DD's childcare during labor. That is what I'm fixated on.

The baby part seems sorta off in the peripheral.
Me too. I'm fixated on DH finding a job!!! Not even thinking too much about baby yet except anxiety about being breech....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #96
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Jan 13th - 19th

new week, new thread mamas
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote