Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
leila03ash
Registered Users

Line drying

This may be a stupid question but every time I have line dried towels, diapers, or linens, they are so stiff and scratchy. Is this something I just have to get used to?

Advertisement

leila03ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Line drying

if you beat them or cumble them up it will help. I also put vinegar in sometimes to soften them up every now and then too. Sometimes I put them in the dryer for 10 mins or so and then line dry them.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Give them a good snap before hanging them, as well as one when you take them off the line. Hanging them in the morning, or in the shade helps, as well as windy days (I know, as if you have control over the wind). I really haven't noticed vinegar making a difference on mine. Also, bring them in as soon as possible.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #4
leila03ash
Registered Users

Thanks for the tips! I will try them.
leila03ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I fluff in the dryer after for a cpl mins. We don't have a line at this house yet. Wow, time flies. I do have the rail on the front portch I use for big items. Towels I will fluff because they get so stiff. I mostly just hang dry blankets, wool, sheets, ect. Once we do eventually get a larger place I'll go back to the line. You do get used to crisp of shirts. I never fluff those. Diapers get the dryer too, like socks, lol.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote