Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #71
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed
Yesterday, we did something we've been needing to do for month snow, but my DH had an appendicitis and by then we wanted to get through Christmas....switch all our bedrooms around! Now, we have a huge bedroom (we have a den and living room - we took the den as br) and each of our 3 children will have their own room. If our older 2 were younger, it wouldn't matter, but DD1 is 11 and is at the stage where she needs space, lol! and DS is 8. I am sooooooooooo excited about my new bedroom! It even has a fireplace! My dad built this house and I hope to have it in my possession as long as possible....the only thing we need now is another bathroom, which isn't super necessary. We never run into problems with waiting.

Yes, this LO was a big surprise for us!
This sounds super fun. I would love our den as a bedroom. Do you use your fireplaces?

Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #72
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Tell 'Em
Well I asked MIL. She said she was thinking us moving into the room AFTER her brother & sister came out "unless you felt strongly about it". I mentioned the PP bleeding stuff and since we didn't know how the baby was gonna be and she said "let me think on it". Gosh do a feel like a child again I think I'm just feeling a bit let down that hubby couldn't even try to ask her, kinda like I'm alone in wanting some more space with a baby being added into the mix.

On the bright side if she does want to wait, they will only be here for a weekend (the brother who will be staying here) but nonetheless we will still most likely have a 2-3 week old by then... And with having breastfeeding/supply needing to be established it would take away a whole lot of possible stress.
I would have a hard time asking my parents. Some people just don't have that relationship with their parents. I am really close to my dad and I know he would do anything for me... But asking is always hard.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #73
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
This sounds super fun. I would love our den as a bedroom. Do you use your fireplaces?
Yes we do, I just can't stand it for too long. I start getting a headache after a day or so of burning. The last time we used it, by day 3 I had to end up throwing water on it to put it out. I started a thread asking for ideas on why I got a headache and learned the green wood we were using was the most likely culprit. We've never stockpiled wood long enough for it to season properly, but we will now. I mean, Memphis can get cold, but I consider a fireplace more of a want for my area than a need. I wold definitely need one if we lived up north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahknavy View Post
They are 20 bucks for 6 pairs on amazon.,, that it excessive. Glad you got them for 6...
Well, I think I got myself a deal!
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #74
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Memphis actually gets colder than where I live in WA. (Since it is an island, the temps are more steady). BUT the electric cost to heat our home is outrageous! We have been heating with greenish wood and lumber scraps. We actually stand the green wood up in front of the fireplace and let it dry out before using it. Lol(we use a moisture meter to check for ripeness). It is sooo annoying. I wish I was in Memphis where "electric baseboard heating" didn't exist. Firewood here is actually really hard to find. We have decided to stock pile at the end of May to get good wood next winter
Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #75
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I does get pretty cold here, but not for long. But when it gets hot, it gets HOT & I love it. I hate cold weather. It is soooooo dead & ugly. There aren't a ton of evergreens here, so when winter hits here, everything looks so dead.

Is your family in the navy? I'm asking because you seem to know a lot about Memphis and we have a navy base here....and your name : )
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #76
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, my husband is Navy. We were never stationed there but I lived there from age 9 through college (at memphis). My husband was born there. All of our family is there... So my news feed is 98 percent Memphis.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #77
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Are you part of the "cloth diaper Memphis" FB page? My sister is on there.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #78
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

What is this cloth Diaper memphis?! I'm in memphis too
Old 01-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #79
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Yeah... I assume you an just search for it... There are about 400 members!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #80
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I'm on there, but I kinda forgot about it. I thought I was subscribed to updates, but I wasn't. I actually live in Brighton - Tipton County, but just over the county line. But I've only worked in Memphis.

Ainemphis, I'm due Feb. 8. What hospital are you delivering? If not at home, of course! I'm going to have my baby girl at Baptist Women Center.