Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding Supplies ~ Recommendations Please!!!

I second the nursing tanks. You can nurse discreetly without showing any tummy. I lived night and day in my Bravado nursing tanks for nearly a year. I would wear them around the house and simply throw a t-shirt or cardigan on when I needed to go out. For work, I would just wear a button-up camp shirt over my nursing tank and it made pumping access so much easier.

Undercover mamas are also a nice to have if you find a favorite nursing bra and want to turn it into a nursing tank.

Advertisement

Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #12
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I 'third' the nursing tanks! I have a couple from Target and also pricier Bravado ones. I have worn them day & night during my maternity leave.

I also recommend reusable nursing pads. I couldn't stand the disposables, they were itchy and irritating to me. I have 8 pairs of Bamboobies brand and love them! The daytime ones are shaped like hearts and are soft and absorbent despite being thin and discreet. The overnights are thicker, round and larger, but still so soft and comfy. I go through a few pairs a day, since they do not feel comfy anymore once wet!
ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another for nursing tanks. I actually just saw a how to on Pinterest of how to make your own similar to Undercover Mama
Old 01-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #14
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I need to get the tanks! I ordered Lansinoh cream and pads. Insurance is paying for my pump. I do have a Boppy, but if that doesn't seem to work I will get a Breast Friend. I got a couple of bras from marshals that look just like the comfy nursing bras target sells and one boob pops out very comfortably if I do say so myself

The necklace is a great idea! Y'all also reminded me I need to make a nursing cover or three. I really don't feel like having to seclude myself every time she needs to nurse, not that I'm always out and about....
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
kansasgirl
Registered Users
seller

I'm currently nursing my second child. I agree with the recommendations for both the sleeping bras and My Brest Friend pillow. I use My Brest Friend MUCH more than the Boppy. The other recommendation I would give that has been a huge benefit to me this time around is an app for your smart phone (if you have one) that has a timer for when you nurse and allows you to track your breastfeeding...how long you nursed on each side, how long it's been since you last nursed. It also allows you to track diaper changes, sleeping, weight, etc etc. I could go on and on but just check it out yourself. The app I have is called Baby Connect. I have an iPhone and I think I paid $4.99 for the app.
kansasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasgirl View Post
I'm currently nursing my second child. I agree with the recommendations for both the sleeping bras and My Brest Friend pillow. I use My Brest Friend MUCH more than the Boppy. The other recommendation I would give that has been a huge benefit to me this time around is an app for your smart phone (if you have one) that has a timer for when you nurse and allows you to track your breastfeeding...how long you nursed on each side, how long it's been since you last nursed. It also allows you to track diaper changes, sleeping, weight, etc etc. I could go on and on but just check it out yourself. The app I have is called Baby Connect. I have an iPhone and I think I paid $4.99 for the app.
The app is a great idea. My iPhone is on the fritz right now, but I can definitely get it on my iPad.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #17
MegERjd
Registered Users
seller

Nursing tanks, sleep bras, breast pads, and lansinoh are my must haves. A pillow is nice but I actually preferred a throw pillow.
MegERjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
megshmeg
Registered Users
seller
seller

As others said... My Breast Friend nursing pillow, Undercover Mama tanks, Lansinoh, Bravado or Target nursing bras. I am larger chested so I can't just use regular nursing tanks; I love using a really supportive nursing bra that I love with an Undercover Mama tank; plus they are slimming and nice and long.
megshmeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Really if ebf then just boobs & baby. Pads must for me. Sometimes heat pads..... pump only if u are retu7rning to work or something like that.....
Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

I never had the need (really) for lanolin but I'll probably get a little tube just in case. My Brestfriend pillow wonderful and kicks Boppy's @$$ for nursing. I LOVE the Lasinoh disposable nursing pads, they have been the ONLY nursing pads to work for me. I leak like crazy and have to wear them for what feels like forever; I was able to stop when my milk started drying up a few months ago due to pregnancy. (Love Amazon for buying the big packs). I also did like having a pump for when I was engorged and baby didn't want to nurse and plan to get one (thanks to insurance -- I EBF and am a SAHM/WAHM) this time even though I'm hoping to tandem and have DD#2 help out with the engorgement part. I couldn't live without my nursing tanks and I plan to get some new/different ones this time around since I really don't care for the boob cut out ones but the ones I want are $$. I wait until after my supply is established before getting new nursing bras since you never know.

To sum it up, my list is:
- Lasinoh Nursing Pads
- My Brest Friend Pillow
- Nursing Tank Tops
- Lanolin (good to have on hand)
- Nursing Bras (after supply is established)
- Pump (good for engorgement -- I preferred my manual for this reason)

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote