Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #11
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:
Re: Birthday etiquette question

Thanks everyone for the replies. The girl is not a close friend of DD's, although they are"friends" as far as classmates go. I think what bothers me about sending it to school is that other children that weren't invited (it's always possible the whole class was invited but I don't think so as the party was at a home address) would see and I'm always very careful about hurting feelings. I don't the parents at.all and it wasn't a very personal gift so maybe I'll just keep this gift until next time.

Advertisement

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #12
Newton
Registered Users

If your nervous about taking it to school I would drop it at the house if you know where it is. My rationale, the other parent went to the effort and expenses to prepare for your child since you RSVP'd so I would personally ensure they got the gift
Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
kathryn4433
Registered Users
seller

I usually still give the gift but I think either is ok
kathryn4433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 AM   #14
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Since you don't know the family I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't send the gift to school unless you made pre arrangements with the teacher. Imagine that teacher having a bunch of unhappy kids and trying to explain why so and so got a gift.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #15
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton View Post
If your nervous about taking it to school I would drop it at the house if you know where it is. My rationale, the other parent went to the effort and expenses to prepare for your child since you RSVP'd so I would personally ensure they got the gift
This. I would still give the gift, probably drop it by their house with an apology for missing the party.

Even if our kids are just "school friends" with classmates they still get excited about attending parties and really excited about picking out the gifts so I know the kids would still want to give the gift to their friend.

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote