Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #91
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
Done. Shiny shiny!

Clean out a cabinet around your kitchen sink. We have four cabinets above ours, so I am going to do those.
did this. hubby had to help, i'm too short. lol we now have two "free" cabinets that i will probably end up putting baby stuff in when the time comes.

clean around your shower/bath. i am going to clean the tiles in the guest bathroom. it really needs it.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #92
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
i tried to clean the wall really good, but we have vaulted ceilings, and the higher part (even when using the mop to clean it) are hard to get to, and even harder to get REALLY clean. so, yeah. i'm gonna have to brainstorm a way to get those walls clean.

clean, straighten, or dust something in your diningroom. we have my son's "school clothes" chest of drawers in there, so i am going to clean that out, and make sure it's organized with school clothes! this will help me get some laundry done as well. woo!
good deal. i love how organized it all is now. makes it easier to just go in there and grab clothes for school.

clean a ceiling fan. i am going to do the one in the boys' room.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #93
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
they aren't perfect, but definitely cleaner, lol.

go clean out a "problem" area. this might be a drawer, cabinet, etc. i am going to do the entry way closet. it's not filled with junk, just needs to be arranged a bit better. i'd like to be able to find shoes when i need them, and not have to dig around in a HUGE pile of shoes for them. it probably needs to be vacuumed, too.
it wasn't too bad, just needed to organize shoes, vacuum, and straighten everything as i put it back in.

laundry. always, the laundry. go do it.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #94
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
that wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be. thank goodness.

go clean out from under something in your livingroom. this might be a table, chair, etc. i am going to clean out from under the desk, including vacuum.
did this. it sucks because i couldn't reach the shelf on the very bottom, but whatever. you can't really see it anyway.

clean out your medicine cabinet. ours is in the kitchen and it's needed it for awhile.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #95
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
okay. cleaned up the boys room. just did the entire thing. it needed it. i hate cleaning their room, but it just doesn't get done right if i don't do it myself.

go clean out a cabinet. i am going to do the small cabinet above our computer desk in our bedroom.
that didn't take long, and it looks so much better now. the doors are made of glass, so it was annoying seeing that mess in there every time i walked by, lol. looks better now.

clean up in your diningroom somewhere. i am going to clean off the kids toy shelf. they have a toy shelf that needs to be dusted, and re-organized.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #96
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
i put a load of laundry away. there's just so much. ugh.

clean off a vent. anywhere. i am doing the vent on the ceiling in our bathroom. it's needed it for like, ever. it's going to be so disgusting. ahh!
it got as clean as it's going to get. i thought about taking a q-tip and cleaning out the actual vent slots, but it's above my head, so my neck and arms were getting tired. i also had to stand on the toilet, lol. so, it looks shiny on the edges, and just decent everywhere else.

clean around your pet area. i am going to clean up around the fireplace and dog kennel in the livingroom. there's fur everywhere! lol
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #97
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
did this. hubby had to help, i'm too short. lol we now have two "free" cabinets that i will probably end up putting baby stuff in when the time comes.

clean around your shower/bath. i am going to clean the tiles in the guest bathroom. it really needs it.
they are so shiny and pretty now. bright white!

go clean up a spot in your entry way. i am going to clean off the "catch all" shelf.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #98
fii's Avatar
fii
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AB, Canada
Posts: 105
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
clean a ceiling fan. i am going to do the one in the boys' room.
Wiped down the walls in the baby's room. No fans here.

Quote:
laundry. always, the laundry. go do it
Put a load in the washer, ready to go. Our machine is so loud and dh is home sick, so I don't want to disturb his rest right now.

Quote:
clean out your medicine cabinet. ours is in the kitchen and it's needed it for awhile.
Ours is a decorative box on top of the fridge. I rearranged everything so the lid would fit on top again :P

Quote:
clean up in your diningroom somewhere. i am going to clean off the kids toy shelf. they have a toy shelf that needs to be dusted, and re-organized.
I put tidied up ds's toys (toybox in the living room) and dh's toys (xbox controllers and games put back in their basket)

Quote:
clean around your pet area. i am going to clean up around the fireplace and dog kennel in the livingroom. there's fur everywhere! lol
Wish we had a pet! I did some dishes instead of this one.

Quote:
go clean up a spot in your entry way. i am going to clean off the "catch all" shelf.
I'm going to go tackle the 'tool area' in our entryway closet. This may take a while....

And then, sweep or vaccum a room. I'm going to do the living room and kitchen.
fii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #99
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
good deal. i love how organized it all is now. makes it easier to just go in there and grab clothes for school.

clean a ceiling fan. i am going to do the one in the boys' room.
cleaned the ceiling fan. it looks a lot better now. i hate dirty ceiling fans.

go clean a spot in your bedroom. i am cleaning the big cabinet above our computer desk. now that the small one is done, hopefully this helps things look better in there!
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #100
leyash's Avatar
leyash
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,913
Re: Happy Homemakers - Cleaning Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
that didn't take long, and it looks so much better now. the doors are made of glass, so it was annoying seeing that mess in there every time i walked by, lol. looks better now.

clean up in your diningroom somewhere. i am going to clean off the kids toy shelf. they have a toy shelf that needs to be dusted, and re-organized.
cleaned up the toy shelf in the diningroom. it needed to be better organized. looks better in there.

clean a spot in your bathroom. either the tiles, shower curtain, door, etc. i am cleaning the shower door in my bathroom. hopefully it makes the bathroom shiny and sparkly!
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.