Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #101
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: UPDATE with pics and review! New Diaper Safari cover!

Just wanted to post back here with my thoughts. DS is ~21.5lbs/30" at 14mo. I tried these yesterday over a padfolded blueberry cotton flat. I like them so much better than Flips!

-The back flap held the flat in place very well, though I have some concerns about how low it comes and that it might get soiled when "the big one" hits.

-The PUL/TPU(?) is very soft and stretchy, but I have a feeling that the lamination is not as thick as Flips. So it's nice and flexible but I suspect it's not quite as bullet-proof.

-In terms of fit, my son is on the smallest rise in these vs medium in Flips. I was able to get the cover snapped securely around his waist, but it seemed just a *little* snug around his legs (any marks were less serious than what you'd get from tight socks). This may just take more adjustment on my part. The cover is a fuller cut than I'm used to and certainly a fuller cut than my son needs -- there was definitely extra fabric hanging loose on either side of his bum. But due to the soft, flexible material I don't forsee any issues with it bunching under clothes. The positive side to this is that I expect it to cover a GMD WH very nicely (though that is not its intended purpose in our home).

-I wish the crotch were slightly narrower so that there would be less exposed PUL/TPU touching my son's skin. Again, it doesn't seem problematic for fitting under clothing. I'm sure some people with thicker kids appreciate the wider crotch and fuller cut in the seat.

I suspect this is not really a OS cover, but more like size 2 in the two-stage systems (like Thirsties Duo and Capri).

Advertisement

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #102
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just tried mine on my 7 month DD and it fit pretty good. I noticed that on some the fabric felt thicker/stiffer than others. The black is quite thick feeling - not stretchy at all. My DD is in between medium and large settings on her Flips, and found the same to be true on these. Although because of her huge thighs, these covers end up being too tight on her legs and the waist is then too loose or too tight. I'm going to have to play around with them more to see if I can get a better fit.

So far I'm still liking my Flips much better, but the back flap of the Diaper Safari covers is very nice!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #103
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDaughter76 View Post
It is stretchy like a flip, thin and soft like a flip, but has wayyyy better flaps inside. Oh and some nice pretty colors!!
Bumping this up to ask how everyone is still liking these? I don't care for hip snaps (I.E. Fuzzibunz) but I like that they hold a prefold better than Flip.

Is the inside PUL the same as Flip? I like that flip is smooth and not "sticky" or tacky feeling like some lesser quality PUL!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #104
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I'll still loving mine and I'm working on getting more. I'm not sure how the inside compares to a flip since I don't have a flip anymore (always got bad wing droop with them) but the PUL isn't tacky feeling its a good durable cover.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #105
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am still loving mine too! No leaks and no problems. Holds the padfolded flat in just perfectly. Of course, we just use ours for night time - so no bm's here.

I just got a couple more colors and I have to say that I LOVE the purple concord!!!! It is the most vibrant, very best purple color I have ever seen on a diaper. Somehow, I have never liked the purples that diaper manufacturers have come up with, but this one is AWESOME!!!

I have also gotten the dark blue, darker green, orange, lighter green, light yellow, and then citrus. I like them in that order of preference - liking all of them except the yellows (that's just my personal preference though as I am not a "yellow kinda gal" - I got the yellows as a gender neutral gift for someone else and they will be perfect for that) . The only one that didn't seem true to color from their website is the citrus - it is more of a bright daffodil yellow than a bright orange (which is what I was wanting and expecting). It should be called daffodil rather than citrus.

I have been impressed with the company as they honored a special that I "just missed" and they also matched our diaper donations for a refugee family.

Couldn't be happier....
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #106
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Would these be good for a LO with high rise?
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #107
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well I ended up selling mine. I don't use covers much, but during a recent two week trip with flats and covers, I found myself dreading these covers in the rotation. They work fine, but Grovia's fit better on my slim, short rise DS and I think are easier to get on (fewer snaps and I can do one snap on each side before the death roll.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #108
McDMom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wonderfulboys
Would these be good for a LO with high rise?
They are great for high rises. DD has a 19 inch rise and I can still put her in it easily with the matching insert.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #109
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDMom View Post

They are great for high rises. DD has a 19 inch rise and I can still put her in it easily with the matching insert.
Thanks
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #110
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still LOVING ours. No issues here. I usually hate hip snaps but I love the fit of this cover. We use these and Flips and that's it.

I will take several action/comparison shots of the Diaper Safari cover on my chunky 6 month old for anyone that's interested

Last edited by thejuel; 01-20-2013 at 06:00 PM.
thejuel is offline   Reply With Quote