Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any suggestions for new washer and dryer?

This is great to hear everyone's experiences with their washers. Thanks for sharing

Advertisement

leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
jills_mama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
We may be moving again in about 6 months and DH and I have already decided we will just get a basic toploader. If we can afford it we would totally go for a Speed Queen set!
This! We replaced our washer last week and got a Speed Queen. Made in the USA! Lasts 20-25 years, no electronic panel. Oh my goodness, I have done so much laundry I am so in love with it!!! I'm washing comforters, winter clothes, stuff that's been in storage, and they're getting cleaner than they have in years. It's awesome!

Our story's about the same... tried 3 different HE washers for various reasons. Some were great with clothes, but never great with cloth. Just okay and lots of needing to rinse extra times, wash several times, stripping. We've always been in places with really hard and difficult water, and I know HEs work great in many areas. But not ours.

Speed Queens are known for making commercial grade washers for laundromats. They can handle 10 loads a day for 20 years. And did I mention Made in the USA?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
jills_mama
Registered Users

Just wanted to add when we poll customers, those with basic top loaders have by far the least smell/repelling issues with their cloth. And we talk to customers on the phone every day that made the switch from top loader to HE and can't get things clean without lots of tricking their HE machines and many extra rinses and extra washes. We hear lots of regrets. Just so you know!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #14
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Thanks to those mammas that suggested Speed Queen. Just checked them out and they look AWESOME. That is definitely our next machine... Can't wait.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #15
MaiosameruMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How much do the speed queen's run?
MaiosameruMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
MaiosameruMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well the top loader we have is terrible! Literally washing 3 times in hot water. I don't know if my child is just that stinky or what. They always come out perfectly white but smell slightly of urine or even poop sometimes. It puzzles me to no end..maybe my honker is super sensitive or something...but I can smell if my husband has washed ANYTHING with the diapers..and he gets fussed at. He can't smell it, but I can.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #17
MaiosameruMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCoastieWife View Post
We got a Kenmore Elite HE3T Steam. We, and be we I mean me, LOVE it! I love how much I can fit into! It really is a great option. If you give me your email, I can email you the consumer reports for washers and dryers that my mom scanned and sent to me. That really helped my decision!
I would actually love to get that information...we don't want to sink a ton of money into a set and not have it do what we need it to do the most..I swear..nothing can use as much energy as we have to now to wash the dipes. I'm talking 10-12 gallons of hot water a wash. And I run it 3 times before even checking to see if they are clean, and usually some are, some aren't.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I prefer LG or Samsung
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #19
srbordenstein
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for posting - I would love to get a new machine and will check out the Speed Queen. We have a fairly new LG front loader and I HATE it. Even before I started cd'ing, I had issues with mold. The rubber seal around the door traps water and is always growing black funk. It is apparently a common problem...
srbordenstein is offline   Reply With Quote