Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #31
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13

Nothing really fits my ds well. We settled for large Simplex. They are really absorbent and trim.
Tempted to try one of these.

Advertisement

crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #32
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DS = no hips, skinny thighs & no butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
In relation to this post, those that have a baby the same shape, does snap diapers work? I am worried about getting a bunch of BG aplix
& having it all wear out
Aplix BGOS fit my skinny dd the best.
Snaps all the way though for my newbie who is short and round.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #33
ballerina
Registered Users

Have you tried softbums? My girl sounds like she's the same shape (or lack thereof as your son and we get a great for with them! We are also about to try some sbish snapless which I think will be great since you can fold them as tight as you want.. She's also a super heavy wetter so I'm hoping these work for us!
ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #34
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

No softbums. Don't like the fleece

Now I am considering trying BGE or simplex OS
Old 01-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #35
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My middle DD is very tall and super skinny too. She has no chub on her thighs, butt, nothing! Totally opposite of my older and younger DDs. A good portion of our stash is Flips w/ organic inserts & Imagine bamboo pfs, and BGEs. She is on the middle rise setting and on the 3rd set of snaps in on both sides (4 sets open in front when on) and they fit her very, very well. I put a small hemp or bamboo doubler in them, either on top of or under the soaker depending on the doubler, and we're good for 3+ hours.

I've got a couple Simplex OTW because I'm never fully satisfied with my stash, and I'm super excited to try those! I'd really be surprised if I like anything better than my BGEs though, they're awesome!

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
anniekins1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #36
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniekins1488
My middle DD is very tall and super skinny too. She has no chub on her thighs, butt, nothing! Totally opposite of my older and younger DDs. A good portion of our stash is Flips w/ organic inserts & Imagine bamboo pfs, and BGEs. She is on the middle rise setting and on the 3rd set of snaps in on both sides (4 sets open in front when on) and they fit her very, very well. I put a small hemp or bamboo doubler in them, either on top of or under the soaker depending on the doubler, and we're good for 3+ hours.

I've got a couple Simplex OTW because I'm never fully satisfied with my stash, and I'm super excited to try those! I'd really be surprised if I like anything better than my BGEs though, they're awesome!
My son is on the same settings on BG & flip! I love flip w prefolds & flats. Wanting something simple for hubby & church daycare so BGE sounds like it will be a good try. Let me know how you like the simplex!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #37
holocene
Registered Users

Hey Mama,

Have you tried a diaper with elastic at the belly as well as the back? That would probably help keep things up! From the looks of your guy, I think he would fit into a size 1 applecheeks, or the smallest snap setting of a one size amp. I know you're more of a natural fibers fan... you can use them as ai2's. After endless searching, these two provide the best fit for us. Maybe it's worth a shot?

♡ evah - mama to sam & ari.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #38
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BGE were a terrible fit in my skinny kids, so bulky and just didn't look right, though I did like BG pockets with my boys.

My daughter is even skinnier and GroVia AIO's really are a PERFECT fit on her! So trim, so absorbent, she is my heaviest wetter and at 2 can still wear them overnight without any sort of doubler.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #39
Eliana's_Mama
Registered Users

Have you tried Bottombumpers? I love the super trim fit and absorbency, although you could always add a doubler for your heavy wetter.
Eliana's_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote