Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Newborn acne - new pics 2/11 and 2/14 in post #34

Just wondering when it might start going away. When B was born, from the very moment we toweled him off, his skin got red and splotchy b/c he's just so sensitive. He got newborn acne and then it never went away, but just changed into eczema. J doesn't have those same sensitivities, but he does have a raging case of acne that's getting worse every day. It's on the back of his neck and his earlobes and everything. Here's what the top of his head looks like, poor baby. (He will be 3 weeks old tomorrow.)

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!

Last edited by Harmony96; 02-14-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

What have you used? If anything? Coconut oil reduced my ds2 significantly. I also read baking soda but never tried it.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn acne

I squirted breastmilk all over his face a few days ago (on recommendation from a lot of random people on FB lol) but it didn't do anything. I haven't tried coconut oil yet. I know that'll work when/if he gets cradle cap, but I haven't tried it on the acne. I think I want to give it another couple of weeks before I try anything, to see if it starts getting better or not.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I read that it peaks around 3-4 weeks (which is what happened with my youngest). It is mostly cleared up now at 4 months. I would say it started to get better maybe around 8 weeks. All of my babies get it and honestly nothing works so I just leave it alone. Breast milk did not work, only time. Coconut oil after bath is what we do anyway but that didn't help either. It was worse when he was overheated or crying a lot.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah we use coconut oil for everything here. When he was about a week I started using it on him and it cleared up quickly. People always recommend bm but ill never understand why. When it gets on my hands it burns ans turns them red.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Coconut oil enflamed my DD's already irritated face... I'd try it very cautiously.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #7
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD had some major baby acne. Everthing I tried just made it worse. I did wipe her face a few times a day with just some water. Dont know if that really helped but it cleared up after a couple weeks.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
OKRose
Registered Users

I just started using some Weleda brand baby face cream on my little one and her acne seems much less red and irritated. Also the stuff smells good.
OKRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #9
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just left my daughter's baby acne alone. It didn't bother her at all, so I didn't mess with it. I only washed her face with water and used no creams. I forget when it cleared up. I want to say by three months.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I squirted breastmilk all over his face a few days ago (on recommendation from a lot of random people on FB lol) but it didn't do anything. I haven't tried coconut oil yet. I know that'll work when/if he gets cradle cap, but I haven't tried it on the acne. I think I want to give it another couple of weeks before I try anything, to see if it starts getting better or not.
My dd had a much smaller case pf baby acne but breastmilk cleared it up. I just had to keep putting it on. Like every couple of hours during the day.