Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
amandarevolt
Registered Users

SELLING ADVICE

I have a large stash of cloth diaper covers, cloth and disposable inserts and other items from a popular brand name company. They have never been used. The diaper covers were washed for pre-use and cloth inserts were prepped for use as well, but all were NEVER used. I have a friend who is looking to buy my whole stash, but in not sure how to price. For 2 diaper covers, WITHOUT inserts, brand new from a store is $29.99. The cloth inserts are also $29.99 for a package of 6. I have a ridiculous amount of covers, 24 newborns, over 30 smalls, and a handful of mediums. Believe me, I am severely kicking myself for not doing more research before buying, but now I'm selling and need advice on pricing. Thank you, in advance, for any advice!

Advertisement

amandarevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
Magoo07
Registered Users
seller
seller

It'll help if you're looking for advice if we know the brand not just the retail price only because some brands hold their value really well and others are priced high in stores but don't necessarily sell close to that. You'd be safe asking a little more for them being in newer condition but you still need to be careful pricing too close to retail because many feel that they'd rather pay a few dollars more to get brand new if the price is really close.

Keep in mind also that if your friend passes and you list here, you'll probably have people negotiating and you may be out shipping costs too. So finding a happy medium now with someone local is absolutely your best bet!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #3
amandarevolt
Registered Users

Re: SELLING ADVICE

They are gDiapers.
amandarevolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Browse the FSOT on here and see what they are going for. That's what I always do when selling diapers.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Re: SELLING ADVICE

So if you paid around $1200? Is that about right? I would charge her $800 just to be done with it. She saves $400 and you save a huge headache of listing and selling them piece by piece and having to go to the post office. Plus shes your friend so you're helping her out too.

Last edited by LaurenAppenzeller; 01-21-2013 at 07:18 AM.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller
So if you paid $1200? Is that about right? I would charge her $800 just to be done with it. She saves $400 and you save a huge headache of listing and selling them piece by piece and having to go to the post office. Plus shes your friend so you're helping her out.
This is good advice if that's what you paid

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum