Join 170,860 Moms!
Make New Friends
Talk About Parenting & Family
Join DiaperSwappers and start buying, selling, and trading cloth diapers. Talk with other moms about parenting. Registration is fast and free. Join Now!
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|08-18-2007, 01:20 PM||#1|
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Western, Virginia
Easy tutorial on how to get a screenshot
Hopefully this will help mamas who would like to get screenshots of the offensive ads so we can help to get rid of them.
Taking and Saving Your Screenshot:
1. On your keyboard there should be a button that has Print Screen written on it. It will most likely be shortened. Mine says "PrtSc". It should be to the right of your normal letter keys, or it may be near your F12 key at the top row. Find that key.
2. When you are ready to take your screenshot, press your Print Screen key. Pressing it will have no visual effect, but the image of your screen will be stored on your computer's clipboard. If you don't know what that is, don't worry. It isn't important.
3. Open up a simple image editor. I suggest using Paint. Paint is included on all Windows computers.
- Can't find Paint? Click on your "Start" menu, then move your mouse over all programs. Move your mouse over the folder named "Accessories". You should find the program Paint there. If you still can't find it, ask for help.
4. With Paint open, press Ctrl + v. Your screenshot should appear.
5. Save the image. In the file menu, choose "Save as" to save the screenshot. It is recommended that you save it as a .jpg file if you don't know what format to save it in.
Uploading Your Screenshot:
While there are many places to host your screenshot on the internet, I use photobucket--this guy uses imageshack.. same diff...
1. Go to http://www.imageshack.us
2. Click on the "Browse" button. Navigate to where your screenshot is on your computer.
3. Click "Host it".
4. Copy the contents of the "Direct link to image" box by highlighting the web address and pressing Ctrl + c.
5. Paste the web address of your picture into your post by pressing Ctrl + v and then add [IMG] tags to your picture.
Become a DS Site Supporter Today and Make These Ads Go Away!