Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #21
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

I made it well know from the start, before Dd#2 was born that my goal was 2 years. Hubby thought I was nuts (not the norm for him, or even my family) but didn't give me flak; he noticed how easy it was to get her to go to bed, calm down, etc. I've also made it well known that I plan to tandem (to him and family) since DD "weaned" a week after turning 2 since my milk dried up and it hurt too much to comfort nurse. She did ask the other week and I let her but since nothing was there it was a short 5-10 second bout. My mom makes stupid remarks about tandem when I'm around and were around family who ask if I was still nursing Dd#2, before she turned 2, but she also quit super early with my brother and I so I don't expect her to understand.

Advertisement

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Extended Breastfeeding

When I got pregnant with our first child my husband and I were talking about how long to breastfeed. His response was 6 months, definitely no longer than 12 months. 12 months being in his opinion longer than needed.

I didn't bring up weaning again. Our daughter finally weaned around 3 years 9 months. We did nurse in public until around 3 years of age. By then it was mostly just for bedtime or nap time. Our older son also weaned at around the same age give or take a month or two.

With our first 2 children I did get many,"When will you wean?" questions. With our third child I got some funny looks from my in laws when they visited last month and found our 18 month old still a frequent(12+times a day) nurser but they new better than to make a comment. My husband is under the illusion we weaned our older children closer to 2 years of age. I guess since he wasn't the one nursing them he just doesn't remember.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
MKDMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Extended Breastfeeding

I bf my last daughter who is now almost 5..until she was almost 3.... my husband never said a word..he supported my decisions always. he knows its what works for her and me is what matters..My brothers and all were always commenting on how she was too old, but I didn't care just shrugged them off. not their baby not their boobies I am EBF our 3 month old son now and plan to let him self wean

Visit my Facebook Fan page or Etsy shop!http://www.mamakaydesigns.com
http://www.facebook.com/mamakaydesigns
MKDMama is offline   Reply With Quote