Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #21
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Well, we had one, but it morphed into something that doesn't work any more. And I have had routines that worked well for a while, then stopped working. Sometimes you just have to change it up just for the sake of doing it differently for no other reason than the current one isn't working.

So this morning, I look DH in the eyes and hand him a banana, and say, "Cut this in half so they can share it." He took the banana and I have no idea where it went. Later says he didn't hear me say anything. I don't think his argument of what I said must of been meant for anyone else really applies. He just wasn't listening, like the rest of them. I will tell one kid, go get the hairbrush on the couch and brush your hair...and they will go to the bathroom. It's like herding cats. I swear I feel like I need to cup their face in my hands, say what I need them to do, then have them repeat it back to me, DH included.

The problem is there are no real consequences to them not getting ready on time. So say I let them miss the bus. They can't walk to school, it is -1F. Driving them there only makes me mad and inconveniences ME. I take privileges away, and it just makes it harder for ME to watch them.

I am just venting. You know how it is.
Oh I know all about the need to vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
One of MH's stickers is staying in bed until 6:00 so I have an hour alone in the AM to get myself ready and drink my coffee and chill
What's she saving her stickers for...will she use them like money for nail polish or going to the cinema? Or is it just to have stickers.

I'm glad it's working...that's a good sticker to earn

Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #22
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, Janine. I suspect it happens a lot more than we know about.

Yeah, we had that rule too Jen. The problem was Ian would want to come snuggle before I got up, so I was getting up a little later than the proclaimed time. Then Ginger wanted to snuggle, would get up after said time but before I was up. Then we had Rosie setting her alarm because if DH or I would wake her up, she'd be nasty and/or not get up - and then she'd come snuggle because I was not out of bed yet. 3 trying to snuggle with me does not work. And I had been rotating them with bathroom trips, etc but they stopped cooperating and increased the fighting. So now nobody gets to snuggle before I get up, and I am going to be OUT of bed before the time they can get up. If they want to snuggle, they can snuggle with me AFTER they are ready for school and have time to spare before it's time to go catch the bus (which Ginger is every morning, just Ian and/or Rosie are straggling 50% of the time).
Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #23
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If she wakes up before 6 she can get in my bed but she has to stay there with Jerry until 6:00.

Janine, she is currently earning back her pedicure which she lost.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #24
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We will continue with the program in 2 week windows and work towards something each time.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #25
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That is how it starts Jen. Soon it will be MH, Deputy, the cat, MH's horses, and god knows what all else. Or maybe that is just my house, lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #26
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just had someone ask me if MH is my granddaughter....NICE....just cause I am not popping babies out at 16...I figured it would come someday but really at 43??????
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #27
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well the cat is always there and the rest aren't aloud in the house! Deputy is an outside dog and if we would going to give in on that it would have been last week when it was -12 out
Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #28
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My extended family is freaking out about the temps here. They all know we have a 25yo furnace and no backup generator. I'm like, yeah, but there are hotels here, ya know, in the event of loss of power or furnace, lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #29
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Telling me to wear knee socks and hats in the house. What is this, little house on the prairie? No, I am using the kuerig and we are not in a log cabin.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #30
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG....they do realize that people have lived in the north for a LONG time and survive way worse temperatures.