Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine did this- slept. 20 mins of every hour. He does have reflux caused by food allergies. I had cut dairy & soy out (they generally go hand in hand) but also had him tested & added eggs, nuts, peanuts & shellfish to the list... Which is why he never improved until I cut all of that out of my diet.
:/
Eta: he wanted to nurse because bm helps soothe upset tummies. But then he'd get the letdown & get super mad, arching, screaming, ect. & if I ate his allergens he'd latch for a second then pop right off & repeat. He wanted the milk but was scared it would be painful. :/

Advertisement

E-2.1.14

Last edited by mrseum; 01-21-2013 at 09:34 PM.
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

It does seem like she is over tired and getting mad I'm trying to nurse her but I can't get her to fall asleep any other way. I tried just leaving her in her swing and she just ended up crying. And she won't take a paci for anything.
She has been having mucousy poops and she's always spit up, since the day she was born, and I took her to a LC in fear of reflux and she said the spitting up was from her over eating (I'm also tandem nursing my 2 year old).
So the biggest thing that is stumping me is if its reflux or food allergies etc why did it take almost 4 months to show up???
Its definitely something associated with nursing. She fusses and acts like she wants to nurse and then when I do she freaks out.....
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #13
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara'sMommy
It does seem like she is over tired and getting mad I'm trying to nurse her but I can't get her to fall asleep any other way. I tried just leaving her in her swing and she just ended up crying. And she won't take a paci for anything.
She has been having mucousy poops and she's always spit up, since the day she was born, and I took her to a LC in fear of reflux and she said the spitting up was from her over eating (I'm also tandem nursing my 2 year old).
So the biggest thing that is stumping me is if its reflux or food allergies etc why did it take almost 4 months to show up???
Its definitely something associated with nursing. She fusses and acts like she wants to nurse and then when I do she freaks out.....
My lo took that long for his dairy allergy to show. I honestly don't get why because my dd showed at a few weeks, but he took until three months to show.
LittleThingsMama638 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: My happy baby has turned into a screamer

I had some sour cream yesterday and she was a screaming, congested, farting mess today. I think it might be a combination of dairy intolerance and 4mo growth spurt. So back to no dairy again, which is not a big deal. Id rather that then my baby be a miserable screaming mess. I actually thought she might and took her to see her pediatrician and LC they have on staff and both told me its extremely rare and definitely not the problem. Meanwhile I know 4, off the top of my head, moms who cant eat dairy for exactly this reason.
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #15
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: My happy baby has turned into a screamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara'sMommy View Post
Is her swing in an open room or in the dark? I ask because at 4 mos their awareness of surroundings change A LOT, and it could be that she needs to be still, dark, closed-door-room instead of what has worked in the past 3 months.

You, of course, know your baby best, though & it sounds like worth it to look into the dairy thing.