Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #111
3princesses+1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: January Chat for Feb Mamas

I had my final OB appointment today. I am 3 cm and 50% and 38 weeks 4 days with an induction scheduled for Monday morning the 28th. I have large babies, so we induce at 39 weeks. I've had some contractions here and there but nothing significant. I have this feeling that I'll go into labor on my own this weekend, which would be fine as well, but other than that I'm just R-E-A-D-Y!!! I feel like a complete slug and don't want to do anything other than sit. Thankfully my husband is fabulous and so understanding! It's a full moon on Sunday I believe, so it wouldn't be too surprising if it happened then...

Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #112
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, yay, a full moon coming!!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #113
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

Haha! Weekend baby boom!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #114
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainmemphis View Post
Labor really snuck up on me last time so this time I've been really getting excited anytime I feel a small cramp or pressure. But so far no contractions.
It snuck up on me last time, too. I was 8cm when I arrived at the hospital and had him an hour later. The nurses took turns trying to get my IV in because 1) Although my veins are big and visible, they roll and are hard to stick & 2) I was shaking so badly from the pain. Good thing needles don't bother me! I also kept trying to pull the monitors off my stomach because they hurt so dang bad when I had a contraction. The contraction + the tightness of the bands was terrible. I wasn't trying to, it was really just a reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
Oh, yay, a full moon coming!!
I totally forgot about the full moon! I told my husband jokingly a few months ago I might have her at the end of Jan. instead of the first week of Feb. due to the full moon!

OMG! Today, I shattered my iPad screen But, luckily, I always buy the extra insurance for electronics so I'm good. So, I'm gonna pass on my recent 'extra protection' experiences advice. I recently took in 2 Kindles to Best Buy - 1 had a shattered screen, the other had a loose charger port. They took those back, no questions, and within 4 days the new ones arrived at our house! I also had to return my daughter's iPod. Best Buy handles those differently....all they did with that was go over to the shelf and get a new one, awesome, right?! Plus, the remaining insurance time I have for each of those devices are still in effect. Now to my iPad. I am waiting for Walmart to mail me a shipping label, then I send my iPad to them to repair and send back to me.....ugggggggggh. I know I really shouldn't complain, but considering the lightning quick service I've gotten recently from Best Buy, this process seems like it is going to be so drawn out! So, long story short, I suggest buying electronics & protection from Best Buy ; )

Anyway, I hope I get it back before the big day. I JUST downloaded a really cool app for tracking feedings (even left or right), diapers, weight, milestones, a journal.....you get the idea. I want it to be complete from the beginning without having to go back and add in info.

Last edited by Steph Ed; 01-23-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #115
gghmommy
Registered Users

I'm so glad to be reading all the good news. I am one sick mama. I don't know what kind of cold I have but it is horrible. Will be 37 weeks on Friday. My cold started last Friday afternoon. My mom took DD home with her so hubby and I could get a little extra rest over the weekend since she'd had a cough with drainage that would wake her a couple times a night and hubby had some symptoms. I took a nap after they left and woke with a sore throat and cough- go figure. I can't sleep longer than an hour then I wake up coughing and choking on phlegm. It's been green since Sunday. I feel like it's never going to get better. My ribs hurt from coughing so much. I have headache from no sleep and I'm getting more whiney by the day. Hubby's great about doing anything he can for me, but he can't really do anything. When I called the office, they said I was doing everything I could and it was just really bad due to being pregnant. I'm wondering how my BPP and NST will go Friday morning when I am coughing baby off the monitor! Then I get to see a different OB than mine, but I don't really mind, I just wonder what she's going to say about this fun cold, and I figure someone in the office is going to spray down the room after I leave. I mean, I would if someone hacking like me came in! Anyone have any tips on getting over it? I mean baby could come anytime, right!
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #116
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gghmommy View Post
I'm so glad to be reading all the good news. I am one sick mama. I don't know what kind of cold I have but it is horrible. Will be 37 weeks on Friday. My cold started last Friday afternoon. My mom took DD home with her so hubby and I could get a little extra rest over the weekend since she'd had a cough with drainage that would wake her a couple times a night and hubby had some symptoms. I took a nap after they left and woke with a sore throat and cough- go figure. I can't sleep longer than an hour then I wake up coughing and choking on phlegm. It's been green since Sunday. I feel like it's never going to get better. My ribs hurt from coughing so much. I have headache from no sleep and I'm getting more whiney by the day. Hubby's great about doing anything he can for me, but he can't really do anything. When I called the office, they said I was doing everything I could and it was just really bad due to being pregnant. I'm wondering how my BPP and NST will go Friday morning when I am coughing baby off the monitor! Then I get to see a different OB than mine, but I don't really mind, I just wonder what she's going to say about this fun cold, and I figure someone in the office is going to spray down the room after I leave. I mean, I would if someone hacking like me came in! Anyone have any tips on getting over it? I mean baby could come anytime, right!
I have been battling with the EXACT same thing! I even spent a day in the ER because I was in such bad shape but all they did was monitor me and wait for my OB to approve an antibiotic and strong cough suppressant. Rest, Rest, Rest is all I can say. The rib pain was excruciating for a couple days but I alternated heat and ice as well as regular Tylenol and now it is only minorly sore when I cough (yes still coughing). Keep your fluid intake up. I really hope you get some relief soon. I suffered for about 7 days pretty bad and now I feel more normal, just tired and sore enough to gripe but its nowhere near as bad as it was over the weekend.

Speaking of full moon, that makes me a bit excited for the weekend. With DS I was scheduled for exactly 39 weeks for a c-section (he still hadn't turned) but went into labor 3 days early, the full moon will be 3 days before this scheduled c-section too =) although DS was born on a new moon. oh well, I kind of want to go into labor on my own for the excitement I don't really look forward to laying in bed anxious all night before my c-section wondering how its going to go!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #117
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I managed to remove what little remained of my toenail polish...only to discover that bending over like that was causing my toenails to turn BLUE! It happened again when I was putting on lotion (in the same position). Apparently my circulation isn't so good.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #118
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

That is insane!!!

So my husband was supposed to be coming home for a couple days before leaving again in Sunday for another week. Apparently ... The plane is freaking broken and they don't know when they are going to fix it. I almost wish they would just send him on to his next destination cause my son is going to have a hard time losing his dad again. If it is only for a day... Totally not worth the drama. BUT I need to go get some more firewood and I really don't want to do it alone at 36 weeks pregnant... Ey!!! Maybe I will get lucky and they will fix the plane in a few min and it will all be fine... But I doubt it... Ok... I'm going to stop being a baby and go to bed.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #119
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

You're not being a baby I can't imagine not having DH around especially at the end, is he going to be able to be there for the birth?

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #120
Sarahknavy
Registered Users
seller

He is supposed to be here after the 1st. So as long as I don't go before 37 weeks, we should be clear.